Unstaggered Alpinas

SteveM

Reaction score
I've got the opportunity to buy a set of unstaggered Alpinas from a mate with an E32. However all four are 8Jx16 with a 24mm offset. They'd fit the rear but can anyone tell me if they'll fit on the front end of my E9. Its a 400 kilometer drive to try them on and I don't have the time to spend at the moment.

K D

Reaction score
8" Wheels

Hi Steve

Im in Sydney. I think you will find the 8" will fit on the front but will protrude past the guard too far for rego (in NSW). May be OK with CSL extensions. I found my 7'' are just illegal if they want to be picky but no one has noticed. 8" on the rear are perfect.

K D

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
The 8" rims definitely will not fit the front. If the Alpina set is nice and reasonably priced then I would suggest you buy the set and hopefully swap two of you 8" rims for someone else's 7" rim pair in the future. Pretty sure there are a few people with a full set of Alpina 7" rims that would love to get a pair of 8" rims.

Bert
72 3.5 CSi
88 M6

TomP

Reaction score
A 23mm offset on the front? I believe the factory offset is 11mm. Can anyone recommend a size tire one could put on a 7X16 with a 23mm offset without flaring the fenders or using spacers?

Tom P