V@V E9 Pics

thehackmechanic

Reaction score
Hey folks, below are some quick pics I snapped at V@V. The first two are my car on the Blue Ridge Parkway at 6:30am on the drive down. Following those are shots taken in the parking lot at the hotel the day before, and then at the vineyard. There were, I believe 9 E9s in our area (with the E3s). In addition there were two race cars in the sponsor section. One of the race cars was supplied by BMW; the other I believe was a tribute car.

As some of you know, my car was originally Polaris but I repainted it Signal Red (a Mercedes color) over 20 years ago when the outer body restoration was done. I've second-guessed the color for many years (I mean who paints a car red? KIDS! I was a KID!), but this event totally vindicated any doubts I had; everyone absolutely LOVED the color.

The last pic shows how I felt about my car after driving 1600 miles without any problems whatsoever :^)

--Rob

img_0951r.jpg

IMG_0953r.JPG

IMG_0979r.JPG

IMG_0980r.JPG

IMG_0981r.JPG

IMG_0999r.JPG

IMG_1006r.JPG

IMG_1007r.JPG

IMG_1008r.JPG

IMG_1013r.JPG

IMG_1014r.JPG

IMG_1054r.JPG

IMG_1055r.JPG

IMG_1056r.JPG

IMG_1057r.JPG

IMG_1058r.JPG

IMG_1059r.JPG

IMG_1082r.JPG

rob_and_couper.JPG

thanks for the pictures

NCAA lacrosse championships in Baltimore this year over the weekend so could not go to V&V. Therefore I very much appreciate your pics.

I also really enjoy your column in the Roundel. As someone who has purchased 12 BMWs in my life (10 used to very used) it is always amusing to read about someone else who is frequently tempted by another car regardless of true rational need (and my mechanic skills are <0.01 yours). My wife also is constantly harping on the number of cars I have (down to 6).

vintage at the vineyards

Great pictures, Rob. I enjoyed finally putting a few new names with faces; yours, Avery Wise, and Amy Lester. As I told you, it may be blastphemy, but the signal red just looks right, and glad you made it down and back with out incident. Hope we see you again next year.

Sorry that I didn't do pictures this year, as we are new camera shopping. Amy's 27 (?)-year love affair looked great, and Avery's 2800cs was the sleeper-beauty of the bunch; probably the most original car I've ever seen. Also glad to see Andrew (Glaive) and meet his dad. I didn't get to meet all of the e9ers, but did want to thank Bill Ribblett for putting up with me; what a font of information for all BMW's, great and small...Thanks Bill.

Back