Vintage Becker Radio iPod adapter

TILLA

Site Donor
Reaction score
Becker radios USA has an adapter for older Europa, Mexico, and Grand Prix radios (even tube / valve models) that simply plug into the back of the unit. I just received one it it performs beautifully. You can also send your radio in to have it modified where they will install a mini jack in the faceplate. The cost for the cable is $40, the radio mod is $100.

http://www.beckerautosound.com/Classic/classic aux input info.htm

Mark

Awesome! I'm going to install that old Becker I've had laying around into the 2800 and see how it works out. I was wondering if that plug was useable!

I should have mentioned it, the plug is for a cassette player option, and there were amplifiers that were used in Mercedes although I don't know the specific application. The Becker I have is a Europa mono, the sound quality is excellent with the iPod, although I usually listen to the engine...

Becker Europa II

Can this be done to a Europa II?

Will all Europa IIs (i.e. those from Mercedes) fit in an e9?

Thanks.

It appears that it will, as far as fitting to a CS, it fits into the standard DIN aperture - DIN 180mm X 50mm, so depending on your current radio it may just slip right in. They respond promptly to emails if you have questions.

Back