W&N Import Fee

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have been waiting fro my W&N delivery and each day I was getting a UPS note stating it was being delivered tomorrow and then another email saying it is help in customs. I received 5 of these. Now I just got an email from UPS that there are import fees due and that I can pay these on line and get my delivery. The fee is over 50 dollars. I have ordered stuff from A&N before and multiple German suppliers and never seen this. Anyone have such an experience?

Honolulu

Reaction score
IIRC this has come up before, and when your package is significantly valuable (as suggested by the proposed import fee), it's more likely to be stopped.... Search.

I think like any importer, you'll end up having to pay.

e9john

Site Donor
Reaction score
I bought something "used" from the States on ebay (not car related) and didn't know about the import fees, made it almost as much as a new one from the UK, felt a bit of a fool by the end of it, turned a good deal into a bad one. It was the only time I've ever had to pay extra on anything, it did say import fees may apply but at the time gave no indication how much they would be.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Generally, anything below 2500USD and for personal use and shipped by a commercial carrier, there is no fee.

Damn Don I was just typing "I hope sfdon" has comments. Value was 1500 USD, shipped via UPS.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I believe over $1000.00 changes everything in Germany. Different form and appears to be a commercial transaction to USA customs. My counterparts in Germany have told me this.
Make double sure you print out your receipt or they will demand a check at drop off.
There system sucks- delivery guy can't tell if you have paid.

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
These extra fees are always aggravating. Sometimes you cannot even figure out what these extras will be, before committing to an overseas order. However, when I cannot get some item anywhere else, and I expect there will be extra duties, taxes and fees, I have found DHL very efficient, as well as fast. There is a lot of communication, you pay online, and delivery driver is always up to speed and drops off package without surprises.

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I bought something "used" from the States on ebay (not car related) and didn't know about the import fees, made it almost as much as a new one from the UK, felt a bit of a fool by the end of it, turned a good deal into a bad one. It was the only time I've ever had to pay extra on anything, it did say import fees may apply but at the time gave no indication how much they would be.

I had the same issue ie purchased a item for a E9 , from the USA...value..$25, I was charged £20 import fee's, tax etc etc before I was allowed to collect it!!!

Hunneman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I ordered 1400.00 euro of parts from W&N and UPS charged me $48.05 which $19.00 was admin fee to UPS..
UPS holds your order until you pay the import fee. They allow you to pay online and the shipment resume very quickly..

So far it has happen twice in the last 18 months.
hope this helps

Thomas76

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Same story here, it happened to me with a w/n order over $1000. I've ordered 3 more times since with no charges, all less than $500 orders.
If you can be patient shop the sales and 1/2 off shipping with smaller orders and you'll be fine.
Ups international tracking is useless, they can't predict customs.

stphers

Reaction score
We don't get any changes here in Canada I have ordered a number of times from W & N actually having something coming in this Friday I did not pay any duty on the parts ( maybe because it was only about 450.00 Can ) plus PST ( provincial sales tax ) and GST On an order of 450 I paid 10.50 in fees to UPS I don't remember ever paying any duty on the parts even on the big bills Stuff usually arrives in about 4-5 days

The tracking thru UPS works pretty good for me The only headache is on the day that it arrives there is not even a close time frame just have to sit around and wait

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have ordered up to $1000 befored fro them and no issues. The consolation here is I got 1/2 off shipping so when the dust settles, it is not too much money...................just a surprise that's all........................this coming from a guy who pays a lot of taxes already and for that, all I want is for the potholes to get filled.

Thomas76

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Case and point. There is a lot of magic gas in those brown trucks to make this much happen in such a short time.
1582904578841.png

e9john

Site Donor
Reaction score
What was the value of the shipment?
It wasn't a great amount, around £ 250.00 but the fees were in the £ 50.00 area which proportionally I felt was high and on top of the shipping fees made for a bad deal. I've purchased small e9 parts from a few different countries and never had to pay an import tax on them.

Last edited: