Want to buy E3

Andysedan

Reaction score
I'm in Atlanta and new to the group. Hoping to locate a daily driver condition E3 for sale, preferably on the East coast. Thanks for any leads.

BuzzBomb

Reaction score
Thanks. I saw that one on craigs. I'm trying to avoid an automatic.
Out of all the leads that Mike gave you, this one has the most potential. The guy is giving you the manual trans in the deal! For the money, personally I think you should re-consider this one.

AbnMike

Reaction score
I would be willing to let mine go since I need the money to renovate my recently acquired house in Montana, but it will cost you.

I think everyone here knows my car (formerly Gordon Parr's E3). It's the oldest European model E3 in the US. The damned oil pan hasn't even been off it. Very original except for new leather seats and a respray by Coupe King in the correct color.

You could fly in and drive it home. I drove it over 1200 miles from San Diego to Montana in less than 20 hours. Yes it burns some oil, it's on the original engine that has never been apart, but for a 40+ year old car you aren't going to find one more original.

Has a perfectly working 4 speed in there now, and comes with a 5 speed for when it eventually wears out. Also has an extra set of BBS.

http://bringatrailer.com/2013/03/29/euro-spec-1970-bmw-2800-e3-sedan/

Here's the info from when it was posted here: http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13657

The comments speak to the car.

ETA: Heater is busted. Started leaking at the dash (misting) so I disconnected it. I'll get around to fixing it though but price would reflect that it doesn't work.

Last edited:

Mike Goble

Reaction score
00404_cRCZhR215VM_600x450.jpg

Here's one in Seattle.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/4338040529.html

Andysedan

Reaction score
Thanks! But I've already struck a deal with a fellow e9coupe member who responded to my WTB post a couple of weeks ago. Eagerly awaiting delivery of a 1970 "eurospec" 2800.

AbnMike

Reaction score
Andy has a new E3!

We reached a deal and it's shipping out on Saturday. You'll have to look for him in the GA area.

I love my car. I never wanted to sell it, but with the home renovations and the fact that it's just too nice to drive in this area I just had to. I've got to contend with gravel roads, Moose, Elk, Deer, Semis, and 100 mph interstates (of which I have availed myself many times) but mostly it's the 4 months of winter with roads covered in salt and snow.

The car deserved better than sleeping in the garage. Had I stayed in SD I'd have kept it for eternity.

he's a very curious, keen, intelligent person who will take very good care of her.

And I'll miss her like I miss that teen bisexual stripper I dated once. Nah, I'll miss the car more because she was bat**** crazy.

Andysedan

Reaction score
I appreciate the kind words from a straight-shooting, conscientious E3 owner (if not somewhat reluctant seller). What a great community this is, and what a great way to buy a classic car.

If it'll make it any easier on you, Mike, maybe I'll rustle up the occasional exotic dancer (no shortage of 'em here in ATL) and take her for a drive up to your ancestral grounds in the N. GA mountains. But probably not. All strippers are crazy.

I'll be sitting on the front porch all next week, waiting for the truck to arrive...

AbnMike

Reaction score
I appreciate the kind words from a straight-shooting, conscientious E3 owner (if not somewhat reluctant seller). What a great community this is, and what a great way to buy a classic car.

If it'll make it any easier on you, Mike, maybe I'll rustle up the occasional exotic dancer (no shortage of 'em here in ATL) and take her for a drive up to your ancestral grounds in the N. GA mountains. But probably not. All strippers are crazy.

I'll be sitting on the front porch all next week, waiting for the truck to arrive...

If there are any Germans left in Helena (they were dwindling when I lived there) they'd go crazy for that car.

I'd put some rubber on those BBSs as soon as you could and put the stockers up in the garage, they're much harder to find rubber for anyway.