Wanted - Elongated E9 press-in wheel studs

Niall1

Reaction score
Hi
I am looking for a set of longer than standard E9 press in wheel studs (to allow for a 20mm wheel spacer). I had ordered a set of ARP studs that were recommended in a thread elsewhere on the forum but they were too narrow at the press in flange. Does anyone know of any company (preferably in Ireland or the UK) that stocks such an item?

We tried welding them to the hub to secure them but the high tensile steel shattered so now my front hubs are scrap

and I have a frustrated mechanic as the car is stranded on his lift!

Thanks
Niall

If the ARP100-7715 size didn't work, than you might have a non stock wheel hub. I would measure the originals and go to the ARP site and see if a similar size (but longer) is offered. The 100-7715 size measures-

Specifications
Knurl Diameter 0.558˝
UHL 2.600˝
Knurl Length 0.230˝
Nose Length 0˝
Diameter - Pitch M12 x 1.5

Good Luck.

Get some e12 hubs with lug bolts and some screw in race studs....

If the ARP100-7715 size didn't work, than you might have a non stock wheel hub..

Thanks. The car is a CSL model E9. Do you know if there are subtle differences in the hubs on a standard E9 and the CSL model? The diameter of the knurl on the original studs is approximately 15mm. 0.558˝ = 14mm?

I've ordered a replacement pair of hub's off Wallothnesch as the original ones are now scrap. An alternative suggested to me was to drill and thread them but the cost of doing that properly is probably more than the replacement parts? :mad:

The E12 hub's aren't really an option as I'm under time pressure to get the car off my mechanic's lift and unfortunately can't afford to experiment if they need modification to fit on.

I'm still left with the issue of needing longer wheel studs..

EDIT:
Just checked what studs I received and they were 7713 not 7715!! What an expensive bloody error.. I'll go back to the supplier and see how I get on :evil:

Back