Wanted: Project E9

Roc123

Reaction score
Hi all, new to the forum and will be reaching out to a few here in the for sale section and hopefully become an E9 owner soon. I'm close to finishing up my project E30 M3 (pic attached) and now I'm looking to add an E9 to the garage.

Looking for a project car that needs work. Prefer a car without engine/transmission and will be looking to do a full paint strip and respray so paintwork is not a concern.

Located in SF Bay Area but open to cars anywhere in the US. Please send me what you have/any leads,

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_3275.jpg
    IMG_3275.jpg
    504.8 KB · Views: 116

floridabmx

Reaction score
Love the e50s on your m3 and that 964 behind it! You should reach out to @peterkaczynski he has a real good head start/deal on a turkis 3.0csi project

Roc123

Reaction score
Love the e50s on your m3 and that 964 behind it! You should reach out to @peterkaczynski he has a real good head start/deal on a turkis 3.0csi project
Thanks! Dropped Peter a private message but from his thread it looks like its sold, will wait to hear back.

And thanks for the craigslist lead - will reach out there too, depends on the extent of rust but is fairly close by so can go view in person.

floridabmx

Reaction score
Thanks! Dropped Peter a private message but from his thread it looks like its sold, will wait to hear back.

And thanks for the craigslist lead - will reach out there too, depends on the extent of rust but is fairly close by so can go view in person.
Think the sale fell through so it’s still available

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ad still up?
I’m in Texas driving, I’ll check with DS - I think we are both here.

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Be hard to find another csi that's had the chassis gone through (completely?) for sub 30k. If you are serious, it's worth the time to investigate...

You may think you want one without the drive train but there are lots of bits and bobs that'll make the job easier if you have a complete car and you can always restore the original motor and keep it on a stand for when you resell.. I'm in SF as well so if you do get it and still don't want the drive train, I'd be interested in those bits and bobs for spares...