Was the CSI only sold in Europe?

tripower

Reaction score
I was talking to a guy and he said that the CSI was only sold in Europe and that any CSI's that made there way to the states where either grey marketed in or simply brought over by individuals such as servicemen from Germany, is this true? Where can I find more historical info on the CSI?

tripower said:
I was talking to a guy and he said that the CSI was only sold in Europe and that any CSI's that made there way to the states where either grey marketed in or simply brought over by individuals such as servicemen from Germany, is this true? Where can I find more historical info on the CSI?

It is true, as i know.

tripower said:
feri said:
It is true, as i know.

So, all CSI models would be Euro Spec cars, correct?

yes, to the extent that they escaped any of the more prehistoric attempts to "federalize"

just about all had seatbelts added where there may or may not have been some before

many had those goofy rectangular side markers applied under the front turn signals & on the rear quarters

quite a few had some sort of goofy reinforcement bars installed in the doors

some had bumper reinforcements added, usually CRS bar welded into the pretty chrome bumpers

and as far as stuff done under the hood, well...theres probably no more potential for finding changes under the hood today as there would be for any other 30-something vehicle!

hope this helps........

Back