Weber carb problems

TedS

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Has anybody seen the $100+- 32/36 weber type carbs and $100 38/38 carbs on amazon? Most have electric chokes which would make the engine bay look less messy. Anybody brought one?
I'm running them. They work fine. You'll need to find a spacer with equal sized holes.
Actually, just last week I pulled a plug and noticed it's running lean. This same thing happened with my Volvo which is running a "real" 38. On both cars I replaced the 145 main jets with 155's. I haven't had a chance to test drive the BMW yet but the Volvo's plugs turned from white to a nice shade of brown.

chope97

Reaction score
I'm running them. They work fine. You'll need to find a spacer with equal sized holes.
Actually, just last week I pulled a plug and noticed it's running lean. This same thing happened with my Volvo which is running a "real" 38. On both cars I replaced the 145 main jets with 155's. I haven't had a chance to test drive the BMW yet but the Volvo's plugs turned from white to a nice shade of brown.
Did you go with the electric choke? did you get the 32/36's or 38/38's?

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Purchased a backup Weber 32/36 last year off of eBay. Was tempted by low price copies, but it is SO much trouble replacing and setting up any carbs, that I went with original Weber. This was Pierce Manifolds eBay store. Original, Made in Spain unit. 1, 32/36 was $293. included his tuning DVD, very helpful. I wanted water choke, the advertised one was electric choke. Just asked and he swapped it over to water choke before shipping. Great service. The real deal. No second thoughts. On to the next thing.

chope97

Reaction score
More pictures

Attachments

• enfine1.jpg
    enfine1.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 40
  • engine2.jpg
    engine2.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 41
  • engine3.jpg
    engine3.jpg