Weber Carb Tilt angle help. Alpina B2.

Nicholas Grosso

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Finishing restoration on an E24 B2 motor and the problem we have run into is our Weber's are tilted 13 degrees towards the head, so fuel flows right into the cylinder. Mechanic and I are looking for a solution. We need to get between 0-5 degrees tilt. Obviously 0 is ideal. Has anyone run into this issue or maybe have ideas? TIA.

Current thought is an engine shim for the motor mounts although the part is NLA and was only used on US cars. Cannot find anywhere

Attachments

• IMG_5521.jpg
    IMG_5521.jpg
    402.8 KB · Views: 63
I don't like the tilt on mine either but I don't have fuel running into the cylinders. I have thought about having thin phenolic spacers made into a slight wedge shape in order to level them out a little, however I haven't looked into how or if these could be made. Another way would be to CNC some aluminum wedges. Both shaped like the base gaskets and would be installed between the carb and manifold thick side up to tilt the carbs down. Gaskets on both sides.

I don't like the tilt on mine either but I don't have fuel running into the cylinders. I have thought about having thin phenolic spacers made into a slight wedge shape in order to level them out a little, however I haven't looked into how or if these could be made. Another way would be to CNC some aluminum wedges. Both shaped like the base gaskets and would be installed between the carb and manifold thick side up to tilt the carbs down. Gaskets on both sides.
Yes agreed. We have had similar thoughts just in an ideal world would not have that many parts from the carb to the head. We have thought about grinding the carb to head inlets to help with the angle. Looking for a cleaner solution first.

Have you got the right inlet adapters?
I add a pic from original adapters for you. Maybe that help.
A lot of conversations I know, has a slight angle at carbs....

Attachments

• 20240420_114230.jpg
    20240420_114230.jpg
    511.2 KB · Views: 47
Two thoughts - is it possible to find a larger motor mount to change the tilt of the motor? And along those same lines, there are guys out there selling motor mount adapters - I've seen them for mounting an S54 into an M30. Maybe one of these could be made to work?

Back