Westley's Bleche-Wite

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Has anyone used this tire cleaner?
Seems pretty strong and I just had my wheel refurbished.
Was thinking of cutting a cardboard circle to mask off the wheel.
Overkill?

Gosh, I used that back in the 1950's on whitewall tires. It worked great to clean them - had steel wheels that were painted black and chrome hubcaps. IF the stain on the whitewall was stubborn, we used steel wool (Brillo pads) to get it back to original white.

Stan use LA's Awsome or Simple Green. Don't take a chance on ruinning your finish. I've used the Bleche Wite stuff and it is very strong.

Another suggestion is not letting your tires/wheels get dirty!

I use Meguiar's All Wheel cleaner-safe on the painted wheels and also cleans the tires just fine. I use it every few weeks so they don't get out of control dirty.

The tires are new. I am just cleaning them prior to Tuf Shine treatment. I need to remove any silicone residue. The Tuf Shine folks recommend the Westleys...

i use Sonax wheel cleaner on the 911, which has painted wheels. spray it on cold / dry wheels ... let it sit for 5 or so minutes ... hose it off. wheels look great, no damage to the painted alloys. i have become a huge fan. i buy it on amazon - with prime, i get it in 2 days w/ free shipping.

oops, just realized that you were talking about cleaning tires ... so in my best emily latella impersonation - nevermind

Oh for new tires I didn't worry about cleaning the silicone because there shouldn't be any (they don't put that on at factory for some reason???). I'd try some good dish soap for that if you still want to pre clean. I thought that was for when the tires had been previously dressed with Armorall etc. When I got my new tires I went straight to the Tufshine with no problems thus far.

The tires are new. I am just cleaning them prior to Tuf Shine treatment. I need to remove any silicone residue. The Tuf Shine folks recommend the Westleys...

Oh for new tires I didn't worry about cleaning the silicone because there shouldn't be any (they don't put that on at factory for some reason???). I'd try some good dish soap for that if you still want to pre clean. I thought that was for when the tires had been previously dressed with Armorall etc. When I got my new tires I went straight to the Tufshine with no problems thus far.

Bingo! That is what I was hoping for

Has anyone used this tire cleaner?
Seems pretty strong and I just had my wheel refurbished.
Was thinking of cutting a cardboard circle to mask off the wheel.
Overkill?

I used it on the white walls of my wife's car years ago. I also used it to clean my headliner a couple of times.

Back