What´s wrong with this CSL?

Tierfreund

Reaction score
I can´t help browsing for old BMWs every once in a while. So I stumbled upon this:

http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/s...ORT&customerIdsAsString=&lang=de&pageNumber=1

why so (relatively) cheap?

Yes, the Ad says it needs work, but it also says it has no rust (yeah, right..:)).
So even if the mechanicals are shot, if the body is not too bad, bringing this up to par might be financially viable.

Maybe Orangener want´s to go have a look...

acat2002

Reaction score
Converts to USD$38,000, correct?

Love the Recaro seats, but not in an original CSL. Good luck finding the correct Scheel seats. There is a laundry list of other red-flag replacement parts I noticed just from the poor pictures. Imagine what you'll observe when you actually see the car in person.

There is no such thing as a free ride. No doubt that you'll get what you pay for!

jamesr

Reaction score
I really don't want to start a discussion/argument about coupe prices, but as a CSL owner, i'm intrigued as to why you would consider this to be relatively cheap? Don't get me wrong, i have no idea what the market value (in the UK) would be for a car in this condition (or any condition for that matter!), but when you convert that price to pounds, it would seem a little high to me. Am i missing something about this car, or have CSL prices really gone up that much?

RonP

Reaction score
Am i missing something about this car, or have CSL prices

Maybe you should pick up the January BMWCCA's Roundel magazine as it has values of collectable BMWs, and mentioned on the list are CSLs.

jamesr

Reaction score
Cheers Ron, although i'm not sure whether you can get Roundel in the UK and obviously the prices will be in dollars. I picked my CSL up just over 3 1/2 years ago, at which point the prices for a decent (not concourse) example seemed to range between £10k to £13k. I'd be interested to know the figures given in Roundel as i'm starting to think my CSL is seriously under insured!

RonP

Reaction score
Cheers Ron, although i'm not sure whether you can get Roundel in the UK and obviously the prices will be in dollars.

Woops! I forgot we have more of an International crowd here...my apologies.

Here is what was said:

CSL values have risen substantially. Prices are from $95,000 to $150,000 for street versions, and $150,000 to $450,000 for race versions.

Tierfreund

Reaction score
Remember fellas, UK CSLs are a currently a lot cheaper. Because they are more plentifull and due to the RHD are a seperate market.

I´d say a really decent but not concours CSL is currently going for about 70.000 Euros in Europe. Concours CSLs can be up to 90.000€ (all non-BAT)

So, could this 29.000 Euro CSL be brougth up to the decetn status with 20.000€ to be a bargain?

I guess that depends all on the body condition....

chicane

Reaction score
RonP said:
Cheers Ron, although i'm not sure whether you can get Roundel in the UK and obviously the prices will be in dollars.

Here is what was said:

CSL values have risen substantially. Prices are from $95,000 to $150,000 for street versions, and $150,000 to $450,000 for race versions.

Where do you get those numbers from? I have seen nice CSL's $50-60K with Street Packs going for far less. The only street versions that I have seen in the price range you are speaking of are Bat's.

MichaelP

Reaction score
chicane said:
RonP said:

Here is what was said:

Where do you get those numbers from? I have seen nice CSL's $50-60K with Street Packs going for far less. The only street versions that I have seen in the price range you are speaking of are Bat's.

Listen more, talk less.

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
bmwcarl said:
come on you guys, please don't turn this into mye28.com

fer sure, its already eee nyeahn daught kawm :oops:

pj

Reaction score
remember guys these prices are only reached when the car is in pristine condition.A normal driver csl should be 40-50 k may be a little more, tatty csl that needs alot of work 20-25k, and yeah a great numbers matching csl with full resto should be @ 100k.
Would you really be able to enjoy a 100k coupe, I know I would not I 'd be terrified leaving it anywhere let alone driving it like it should be.

Just my 02 worth