What ever happened to those rear spoilers ?

Mario L.

Reaction score
So happens that I just signed on to see this . . .

We were attempting to get these from Germany, and in the end have elected not to pursue this as the cost of the part, importing costs, (shipping & duty) plus the additional work required to make the piece fit correctly rasied the price so high that few would want it!

Iconolast has an extra rear spoiler from his car . . possibly he'll chime in here and share his experiences with the cost of this part . . .

Mario L.

www.VSR1.com

fast3.0csi

Reaction score
can anyone in the states make it?

maybe this will bring down the cost, one person is making front spoilers, maybe he can do the rear. Just a thought!!!

Adam

Reaction score
dan koturov (aka coupeguy) used to offer these. don't know if he still does, though.

-Adam

PS: no affiliation blah blah blah

2800csm5

Reaction score
After building my Airplane (Velocity), I had some carbon fiber and fiberglass left over so
I built my own trunk lid with the integrated spoiler. You can see a picture of it
in the CSRegistre, enter 2270173 in the search box, It's on the blue coupe.

First I copied the shape of the spoiler in foam and attached it to the end of the
trunk lid. Then, I filled in the gaps and smooth the whole thing out. I used heavy
grade triax fiber glass and epoxy to make a thick mold. After that hardened and
stabilized, I laid up three layers of Bid carbon fiber in the mold and made the new
trunk skin. I then removed the metal skin from the trunk and replaced it with the
new carbon fiber skin. It came out perfect and looks as if the car came that way.

One benefit, no more trunk lid rust around the edges. It also reduced the weight
of the trunk lid by more than half. This summer, I will do the same thing for the
hood. I should loose 50LBS replacing both.

I still have the mold for the trunk, it is very sturdy and one could pull 25 to 30
parts from it with no problems, I'm just too lazy (Retired) it do that right now.
Maybe some one else would like to tackle it?

iconoclast6

Reaction score
Rear ducktail spoiler

Yup,

I have an available repro ductail spoiler, already prepped and ready for paint and mounting. It was on my car at last years (2nd place) LimeRock Concours. Originally imported from Werner Hand in Germany, and prepped and finished by Mario at VSR1.

Daniel we talked about this item last year, but you'll probably want to check other sources as well. The cost of import, prep and finish makes this a not-so-inexpensive item. I gather your is coupe is coming along?

Simply been to busy/lazy to post for sale here and at Ebay. When I do, pictures and details are available.

Chuck