What goes in these inner fender wall tabs?

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The 3 tabs - wires or the rear brake pipe or ???

IMG_4151.jpg

Last edited:

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I thought I had a good picture of this, but the only shots I have seem to already be partially disassembled. But it seems my front right brake line that passes from the EDIT: left to right is resting in the bottom tab.

Last edited:

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
checking my car…
I can’t get a clean photo. Looks like lower rear most tab is for solid rear break line. The other two has a plastic line that originates from the firewall aft of the glove box and terminates under my battery tray in to thin air. It may have gone to the charcoal canister that was mounted there. o_O I’m pretty sure I removed it when I’d did my engine swap 12 years ago.

Last edited:

jjs2800cs

Reaction score
One of them is for the rear brake pipe. My 1970 only had but one tab that low. There were several removal clips higher for the harness. I suspect the forward most tab is for the rear brake pipe just before it makes a 90 degree turn up to the master cylinder which mine does not have.

100_7339.JPG

An ugly before photo showing my one lower tab and higher clips for harness. You can see 2 additional clips on the tunnel wall for the rear brake pipe.

100_5611.JPG

Here is a shot after reassembly. Again I suspect your most forward tab is to better secure the rear brake pipe as it goes up to the MC. You can see the yellow harness clips. I have no wiring harness that low so why your extra rear tab? As others suggested it might be something to do with the charcoal cannister in the trunk which I do not have.

100_7483.JPG

Steve stop over and take a look at mine as I am pretty sure I got it back together as it came apart.

jjs2800cs

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
checking my car…
I can’t get a clean photo. Looks like lower rear most tab is for solid rear break line. The other two has a plastic line that originates from the firewall aft of the glove box and terminates under my battery tray in to thin air. It may have gone to the charcoal canister that was mounted there. o_O I’m pretty sure I removed it when I’d did my engine swap 12 years ago.
Yes perfect @jjs2800cs and I just discussed this and you’re correct - the other 2 appear to be for the blue charcoal canister line. Thanks!