What is this?

kys911t

Site Donor
Reaction score
I wanted to buy the "TEE" Screws, Nuts and rubber washers for the belt line molding and I guess I made a mistake and got these. Can anyone tell me what they are used for?

Attachments

• DSCN1777low.jpg
    DSCN1777low.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 192

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Do they fit into the trim piece? Someone is selling their own version, the original uses a larger nut/rubber washer.

kys911t

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think you might be right. I just looked up the attachment for the moldings on a 2002 and they look like they may be the ones. Anyone need to buy any?

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I wanted to buy the "TEE" Screws, Nuts and rubber washers for the belt line molding and I guess I made a mistake and got these. Can anyone tell me what they are used for?

Did you subsequently get the correct ones?
Are 51135780108 and 51135780115 correct?

stan

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
KYS911T--my .02 cents worth

You might try checking with suppliers suggested to you by long time owners of these cars who have first hand experience with E-9 parts and with sources who have years of experience with vintage BMW's and know our cars from many years of serving E-9 owners.

While Penske may give this impression doubt that they fall into that level of experience with the E-9 community as they are "new kids" on the scene.

Penske sent you fasteners used on the end and corners of belt trim used on 2002's--unrelated to what you were loooking for.

You're in SoCal use Bimmer Doc or Mesa Performance as reliable sources--both have years of experience with our Coupes and their needs.

Last edited:

kys911t

Site Donor
Reaction score
I want to clarify something. I did not get these from Penske. I bought them through someone on this forum. I guess I was not specific on what I was looking for or the person that sold these to me made a mistake and maybe just did not know what he had. Put please these were not gotten from Penske.

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Attachment thingies..

Pretty sure that those are the ones that David Brower (aka Rimspoke) custom made of stainless for 02's. The best ever made, but not worth much on an E9...last lot of 8 pcs that I bought from him for my 02 were $14, but I don't think that he makes them any more...Dave V. in NC