What is your favourite leather treatment?

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
My supply of Leatherique is exhausted. Not sure how this product rates vs other products for keeping something nice forever. I have used Jaguar Hyde food years ago, Lexol, etc. Proofhide on my Brooks bicycle seat (now 20 years old, should last well past me).
I need a bottle of something new for my Coupe seats. Opinions appreciated.

I still use Leatherique, haven't seen anything else that has moved me to make a switch. Many have mineral oil etc in them. I saw on the Porsche forum that someone swears by Zaino's leather stuff.

I still use Leatherique, haven't seen anything else that has moved me to make a switch. Many have mineral oil etc in them. I saw on the Porsche forum that someone swears by Zaino's leather stuff.
Not taking anything away from Leatherique, I have great results with Zaino's number 9 cleaner and number 10 conditioner.

I use Lexol products. Atlanta company and once a photography client of mine. Good products. Their vinyl treatment is also very good.

I use Lexol products. Atlanta company and once a photography client of mine. Good products. Their vinyl treatment is also very good.
I've put Lexol on many leather seats that were pretty dried out, it revived it nicely.

I use Lexol. Use to use Connolly's "HideFood" but now changed and not as good.

Last edited:
The woman who operated ColorPlus for many years (sold the business) claimed their 'Soffener' was the product developed by the two founders of Leatherique. They apparently split about 25 years ago into Leatherique and ColorPlus competitive businesses. I like Leatherique, and Soffener, but prefer the ColorPlus dye.

Back