what kind of wheels are these?

duane_sword

Reaction score
agreed, the wheels look fantastic, definitely a deep dish and very low profile tires.

Alpina-style but not Alpina (be that old-school or new), the new Alpina wheels have the concealed valve stems

cookbw

Reaction score
hahaha

I guess you're right. It occurred to me it could be a scale model because the website says "raidou-models", but the site is all in German and the pics I posted look VERY real. dontcha think?!? I guess the ground looks kinda weird in the second page of pics, but other than that it's pretty convincing.

cookbw

Reaction score
thank you google translate

so i paid a visit to Google Translate, and here's what the homepage of www.raidou-models.com says:

Herzlich Willkommen auf meiner Website!

Hier präsentiere ich meine Sammlung exclusiver, teils umgebauter Modellautos im Maßstab 1:18

Updated: 25.07.09

Viel Spaß beim Betrachten!

© Copyright für alle Bilder by raidou

Durch 'Click' öffnen sich die Bilder in 800x600/1024x768

...or in English...

Welcome to my website!

Here I present my collection of exclusive, partially upgraded model cars in Scale 1:18

Updated: 25.07.09

Have fun viewing!

© Copyright for all images by raidou

With 'Click' to open the images in 800x600/1024x768

'69 2800cs

Reaction score
I was using google images the other day to find coupe pictures, and that thumbnail came up.

It wasn't until I brought up the full size picture I realized it was a model!

Anyway...those wheels do look good, probably an 18" size, just a guess. The trouble with something that large is the huge amount of unsprung weight on an old flexible chassis. I've got some 14x7 Weds I am refinishing. Similar design, a lot smaller and waaay lighter.