Wheel Center Refinishing

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I am thinking about refinishing the centers on my Weds, and from the thread I posted earlier, it appears that anodizing may not be the way to go.

What do people recommend?

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
isn't powder coating difficult to touch up? I like being able to repair and respray the rock chips every year or so.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
isn't powder coating difficult to touch up? I like being able to repair and respray the rock chips every year or so.

It is, but it is also sturdier than paint. Another downside of powder is that it can conceal fractures more so than paint. I paid $150 to powder coat my weds centers. They looked good and accepted the black satin paint afterwards for the center. The finish is okay. As I mentioned @Gary Knox painted his with Worth paint. Perhaps it was a color or a finish issue, but he was starting from my powder coated centers shown below. I didn’t get too prescriptive on the boatload of silver options. I just said use your typical wheel silver. My Alpinas on the other hand I had them refinished twice because the silver had too much flake in it.

73BABE71-3D7C-4859-9850-428FDAB81B24.jpeg