Where Can I Order Extra Keys For My 74' CS?

BobDavidek

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I need to have an extra set of keys made for my 1974 3.0CSA and am not sure how to go about it. Any/all feedback would be appreciated. Thank you, Bob.

Hi Bob,
I've just been through this process. If you have a 5 digit key code, found on either the original key or the barrel of the lock, a few places can drill new dimple keys for you. Costs varied between $25 -38US. Where are you based? I found suppliers in USA, Australia and UK who all confirmed they could do it. Being in the UK myself, I used a place in London and it cost £25 including delivery. Let me know where you are and I'll send you the relevant details.

Any locksmith that has the equipment to do the Pebra dimple keys is able to duplicate them. Call around.
Fairfax Lock & Key in Fairfax, OH charges $25 if you provide the blank and $35 if they provide the blank ( black plastic top without the BMW logo).

Speaking of keys...

My 2800CS came with 1 set of keys which only work for the ignition... so I can't lock the doors nor the trunk. Does anyone know if it is possible to get keys made out of the locks? Or can these locks be "re-programmed" to work with the ignition key? Or is it just easier to get new locks with keys? Thanks.

Take your ignition key and both the door lock and trunk lock to a locksmith and he will rekey the locks themselves. Call first to see that they can work with the dimple keys. There is a place near me in Newport Beach that did this for me. They can move or remove enough pins to make the key work.

Where not to get key

Here's a place that I wouldsuggest you avoid: ABC Locksmith and Security. I went around and around with this guy. The keys I got looked like they had been made by someone who had "the shakes."

Back