where is located the fuel pump ?

remydedez

Reaction score
Hello everyone, would any of you have a picture of where the gas pump is on a a 1973 3.0CS because my mechanic changed the cylinder head for a phase two cylinder head and put a gas pump without any fuel filter in the engine bay, but I think it is not its good location because it does not work properly and the car broke down. Thank you ;)

TomHom

Site Donor
Reaction score
Please place a photo of the head installed.
Furthermore a photo of the head's part number.
And of the gas pump currently installed.

Regards
Thomas

Dlc

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hello everyone, would any of you have a picture of where the gas pump is on a a 1973 3.0CS because my mechanic changed the cylinder head for a phase two cylinder head and put a gas pump without any fuel filter in the engine bay, but I think it is not its good location because it does not work properly and the car broke down. Thank you ;)
Hi Remy, this is the mechanical fuel pump in my '71 CS
Dominik
Benzinpumpe 2.jpg

remydedez

Reaction score
ok we replace the original cylinder head with mechanical fuel pump for late model heads it's why he add electric fuel pumps but I thinks the engine bay location isn't a good location to do that... what do you think about ?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-10-11 at 17.46.32.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-10-11 at 17.46.32.jpeg
    124 KB · Views: 70

stphers

Reaction score
Electric fuel pumps are better at pushing rather than pulling, install it in the right side area where the rear subframe is and make sure that you give enough clearance around everything so the suspension can move freely. Add a roll over shut off valve!!

Thanks, Rick

jefflit

Site Donor $
Reaction score
My only addition: I had a very difficult to diagnose problem whereby the car would stall and not restart when my kids drove it but would be fine by the time I got there to rescue them. It never failed on me, no matter how far I drove. The difference was they would be in traffic and I was always moving. The PO had mounted an electric fuel pump near the tank but above the muffler. When stopped, the car radiated heat upwards from the muffler towards the pump, causing it to seize/fail until cooled down. Mount yours accordingly.

remydedez

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I did install a gas pump in the trunk next to the tank to my mechanic. But I have a question that worries me a little bit, if ever a hose breaks off in the engine compartment because the pump feeds fuel all the time, I’m afraid of a fire. Do you have a solution for that? Thank you.