Where to buy my rust repair panels?

'69 2800cs

Reaction score
I need to repair my passenger side rocker.

The plan is to take off the lower quarter and lower front fender to get to everything. Then, the outer rocker and "middle "rocker (sill) need to be done. The inner looks good, needing only a small patch at the rear.

Jaymic seems to be the only source for the quarter and fender patch panels?

The various rockers-W&N, or can these be bought from a US dealer?

Cost is a minor concern, but mostly I want to have this stuff all here (east coast US) within about 4 weeks.

thanks,

I would have thought that with shipping and and duty or import taxes, it would be better and quicker to source them from BMW in the US in the first instance, then W&N or Jaymic for the bits they don't have. ON Jaymics site they might be harder to find, but get in touch as they have stock which is not advertised and are really helpful.

W&N do have fender patch panels; (if i understand what you are looking for correctly) see attached pics.
Usually they are enough if you just want to remove & fix the sill parts:

"Panel for rear sill incl car jack" is the lower 25 cm of the part between your door and the rear wheel.
"Sidewall panel for front side wall ) is the bit below the exquisite styling detail (aka fake airvent)

upload_2016-10-31_11-29-14.png
upload_2016-10-31_11-27-12.png

I used both of those panels during my resto, they fitted well and the body shop guy said that as far as he was concerned they were some of the best fitting replacement parts he had ever seen. They also arrived quickly, if a little pricey on the the shipping.

John

I used both of those panels during my resto, they fitted well and the body shop guy said that as far as he was concerned they were some of the best fitting replacement parts he had ever seen. They also arrived quickly, if a little pricey on the the shipping.

John

Ditto for me. I used them all and they fit like factory parts.

They arrived today...about 7 days from Germany to NJ, not bad!

Sadly, I also had surgery on that foot today so no garage projects for at least a few weeks. These will be in by spring though, and I'll start a new thread then.

Attachments

• IMG_4389.JPG
    IMG_4389.JPG
    826.5 KB · Views: 273
Just checking in but how did those front side wall panels work for you. Do have any pics you can share? Couldn't locate your new thread on this subject. I understand if you moved on to other projects, I was just very interested. :)

I'm well into the rocker project and need to post soon.

I haven't welded in the lower fender or lower quarter patch panels yet but they line right up with the original panels. I expect them to work nicely.

Back