Which color mats

bwalvoord

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I am soliciting recommendations for which color/style of coco mats I should purchase. My coupe as a blue interior, but still has the original carpeting which is in ok shape so I'm going to keep it for a while. Here is a pic of the (yet to be cleaned) interior.

Attachments

• Interior.jpg
    Interior.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 195

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have blue/white dot #14 from cocomats.com and really like them. High quality. I have polaris/blue interior.

Cocomats.jpg

bwalvoord

Site Donor $
Reaction score
This looks really nice. I spoke with a rep there and he suggested blue/white over blue/natural because of the exterior of my car being white. Thanks for the photo I think this is the way I'm going to go as well.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The other consideration is the color of the carpet - is yours predominantly tan? You may have a clash issue there with blue/white.

bwalvoord

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Although I have all of the original paperwork related to the purchase of the car, I'm not sure how to tell what the original carpet color was, other than it is not a faded bluish, purple, gray color. I think the blue and white will look the best and since the future replacement carpet will definitely be blue, probably a safe way to go.

bwalvoord

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I paid $216 for the set of four. They have a very good template from a previous poster on this site. They have a trunk mat which I have not purchased but I believe is another $200 or so.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Like those Cocomats Steve. Mine might be looking even more like yours when I get around to the Mats.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If you're going to replace with new blue carpets then #14 is the way to go for sure.

DeQ: They are custom cut for the car and fit quite well. Full rubber backing and heel pad bonded to the fibers. I got front and rears - not the trunk. They are heavy - and will turn a CSL into a CS! But they add some sound deadening for sure.

Although I have all of the original paperwork related to the purchase of the car, I'm not sure how to tell what the original carpet color was, other than it is not a faded bluish, purple, gray color. I think the blue and white will look the best and since the future replacement carpet will definitely be blue, probably a safe way to go.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I have a set of cocomats in my e39 and like them a lot. They are somewhat old school, as noted they look more like something from the 1970s, but they are tough and look nice. I went without the heel pad, which means the drivers mat wears quickly. You can replace only the driver's mat, which I do from time to time.

Stefan

Reaction score
Old school

Pics of how the coco mats looked like in the 70s. Found these ones in a spare box dated late 1970.
And yes, quite heavy with rubber underside :)

Doesn't match my blue interior, but perhaps could look nice together with brown leather.

Attachments

• DSC_0228.jpg
    DSC_0228.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 145
  • DSC_0231_Web.JPG
    DSC_0231_Web.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 138

Henrik

Reaction score
Hi!

I ordered new mats from Coco and got an email from them telling me that they have had some discrepancies in the past . To avoid this they sent me a set of paper copy patterns to verify proper installation.
Have any of you had any problems with the adaptation?

Henrik

Stefan

Reaction score
Hi!

I ordered new mats from Coco and got an email from them telling me that they have had some discrepancies in the past . To avoid this they sent me a set of paper copy patterns to verify proper installation.
Have any of you had any problems with the adaptation?

Henrik

Mats covering footrest, with or without?