Which seam sealer do you use on fender seams?

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I'm about to paint the engine bay and I have prepped the whole bay and the area above the firewall. I am thinking about putting some seam sealer in the crevices above the firewall and along the fender seams. I read about several people applying it but no amount of searching revealed any preference of brands.
I don't have time to order from Eastwood so I am going to have to get something locally. Home Depot, o'Reilly's, Napa...
The one brand I always fall back on is 3M. But i believe theirs can only be applied on top of epoxy primer or 2k urethane primer IIRC.
Any other suggestions?
Thank you.

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
I'd stick to an automotive paint supplier for stuff like seam sealer. There are bound to be a number near you, just ask about what they recommend for your paint system of choice.

Ian

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Used SEM and also Eastwood. I put a small amount of paint thinner in a spray bottle and spray the sealer once applied , you can get a smooth surface with your finger or run a brush over it to get the factory look. Eastwood does make a brushable sealer but I have not tried it.

Last edited: