White 73' in wa, 30k

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
Now this looks like a $30K coupe! If car checks out, this would be a great price. If I were in the market for a coupe, I would fly up to Seattle right now to check it out. With all the various CS's value being disussed and debated presently, this coupe is at the head of this class. Interesting and good looking "Intra" 18 spoke radial rims. Never been aware of this wheel brand before and it is the 1st time seeing them on any car.
6764030555_81f0d03bbc_b.jpg

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
This car has been for sale for a long time. Note the overspray on the wiper arm/motor...

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
This car has been for sale for a long time. Note the overspray on the wiper arm/motor...
Exactly what I was thinking. That is a deal breaker for me. The hood latch was also not removed. Lazy prep.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
A quick amateur look revealed rust in the spare tire bay, looks like small spots of rust around the trunk gasket, heater/ac console is ratty, seat belts need to be sorted. And why go the trouble of changing the color and leave the four ugly DOT reflectors. Tire marks? on the trunk floor panel, so so elephant skin. Big speakers on the real shelf along with the large seat belt retractors. And I am not nearly as expert as Stevehose or Nicad.

So with all these issues, how much is this coupe really worth? And what does a $30K coupe really look like.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am not an expert by any means, I just pretend. But to me, sloppy overspray is cause for a thorough evaluation. I'm all for high (fair) coupe prices since I'm already at the table and in the game.

And I am not nearly as expert as Stevehose or Nicad.

alanmcg

Reaction score
chk other threads

this car has been exhaustively discussed before in mult threads. ive looked at and driven the car, happy to give feedback to anyone considering purchasing.

MMercury

Reaction score
Surprised no one has mentioned the front strut towers. Is asymmetry a good thing?

IMG_0016.jpg

stig

Reaction score
Hilarious CL ad confers extra added value?

I guess the hilarious picture of the serious looking, black jacketed, bald guy & black glasses in the foreground and the PhotoShopped-in white CSL in the background is supposed to confer some sort of ' extra special seriousness added guaranteed monetary value that the work was done right ' to the white car they are attempting to sell---caveat emptor....

And how about that neat looking ' custom air intake & airbox ' ? Unique-

Who knows what lies beneath the white paint, especially with the overspray and with the lopsided NASCAR front end? Who knows what else is lopsided, been left out parts wise, or work wise, and partially done on this car?

Maybe the current owner was doing lots of high speed ' NASCAR drafting ' to keep his car cool--- Did anyone else notice the missing BRIGHT RED COOLING FAN for the radiator that runs off the water pump? I know it is cool, wet, rainy ( & snowy ) in Seattle and the Pacific NorthWest... BUT who knows if there is a big electrical cooling fan upfront?

A sunroof was added later by a body shop? Yikes! - that's a big heads up... Who knows how & where the sunroof drains are and out of where & when kind of car this sunroof cassette came from. Who knows how the work was done installing that! Missing the 3 piece Golde pop-up air deflector.

Growing up, I learned that WHITE was the best color to paint a car that had been hit in any accident, to hide any & all repair flaws...

Attachments

• 2011_Munichevo-1000copy.jpg
    2011_Munichevo-1000copy.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 123
Last edited: