white / tan 2800cs on ebay

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
That steering wheel is an Ital Volante. I believe they were used in CSL race cars.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
any way you look at it - its a nice wheel that has some significant value. the car is now over 12k and climbing. i am almost tempted to drive up and see it ... but that would tempt me to spend money that i don't want to do.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
any way you look at it - its a nice wheel that has some significant value. the car is now over 12k and climbing. i am almost tempted to drive up and see it ... but that would tempt me to spend money that i don't want to do.

I have that wheel in my car.It does feel very nice. Looks like this might be a good deal if the description is accurate.

bubukitty

Reaction score
I am assuming it is not originally a white car based on the rattle can black paint job in the engine bay. No tool kit. But, generally looks to be in good shape with nice upgrades. It will be interesting to see what it sells for.

RogerB

Reaction score
That steering wheel is an Ital Volante. I believe they were used in CSL race cars.

It is an italvolanti Ati-1. I'll trade one for an original CSL leather wrapped Petri if anyone with said Petri is interested.

E911

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Strange; side markers kept in full restoration, same for black engine bay and really bad hood alignment?

Fstede1

Reaction score
I been watching this listing and curious with 3.5 motor, 5 speed and redun upholstery why the bid price is not higher. Can any one explain such??

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
2 possibilities on this -
1. it was restored by somebody new to BMW and coupes - thinking the way of just making a nice driver the way that you would an old 'merican car. remember this car is in Georgia - north of Atlanta.

2. the 3.5 and black (underhood) could be the result of bad care in early life.