Who Is the Best E9 Restorer in the Country?

rolexdoc

Reaction score
I am looking for the best place to have my E9 restored. I would greatly appreciate any information that may be available on the best places in the country that might be available to me.

thanks

Rolexdoc

[email protected]

Laldog

Site Donor
Reaction score
Master restorer

Legend has it there's a master craftsman living somewhere across the pond. Goes by the name Malc...

Rent a boat, plane, whatever, but get it to him.

Top notch. Best around. None better.

jhjacobs

Reaction score
I've also heard Malc is the best but that his backlog is huge. Since it takes 4-8 years per car and he is currently working on one it may be a while before he could take yours on. :shock:

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have seen Mario Langsten's (Vintage Sports & Racing) work close up. He is meticulous and has the staff to get the job done in a timely manner.
A good choice for someone in the north east.

corsachili

Reaction score
I'm not sure Carl would really call himself a restoration shop, but he and his crew do know their E9s. From what I've seen and heard, Peter Sliskovich is one of the finest E9 restorers here in North America.

duane_sword

Reaction score
I am not at all qualified to say who is best in the country, but I will testify that I am extremely happy with the restoration on my coupe to my meticulous level of detail.

When I contacted several people in the BMW CS Registry and the local BMW CCA Boston chapter, I was given multiple positive references on Mario Langsten of Vintage Sports & Racing ( www.VSR1.com )

VSR is ~1hour north of Boston near Concord NH, and I recently had my 1974 BMW 3.0 CS restored with Mario and his team, extremely happy.

I have no affiliation, I am just a very happy customer who will continue to do work and projects with VSR/Mario.

best regards

Duane Sword
VIN 4310155
[email protected]
http://www.vsr1.com/success_coupe.htm
http://boston-bmwcca.org/cars/displaycar.aspx?seq=117