who remembers these guys?

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
One of the places I bought parts for my first BMW +40 years ago. Couldn't afford any of their Alpina upgrade parts, but got most of my OEM maint and repair parts from them and Michael Potheau. I had the Miller and Norburn catalog on my nightstand along with one from Korman and a 3rd from Hardy and Beck.

In case you're wondering, that's a vintage synthetic chamois with probably 300k miles on it, that I just used today. Still works like new.
John

IMG_0104.JPG

I remember them and I certainly remember Michael..........he would call to say your part is in, you would drive 25 min and then he would say, mistake coming in tomorrow. After the 3rd time we exchanged words and he banished me.

Why I loved the 320i, I will never know. Bought for 5,500 as an intern, sold for 5,500 7 years later to help buy my dream car..................a 635csi which I still have. That damn 320i started all this!

The BMW world was quite small back then. I bought the 320i from a guy who became a close friend and who introduced me to Michael and to Jim Albright.

Definitely remember their ads in the Roundel...one of many continuous advertisers back in the day. That conjures up memories of MIAH, twothousandtwo products, Euro-tire, Karzundpartz, etc, in addition to M&N, Korman, and H&B et al. I still have numerous copies of all those catalogs you mentioned...M&N from 1979, 1980, 1983 I think, Korman 1981 - I think it might be the original year catalog, and a few others into 1990. Still have some H&B material, plus Alpina brochures I picked up at M&N where they just had stacks of them out for the taking. I had my Bavaria back in 1980 onward that I bought from my father who bought it new.

I remember them.
Never bought anything, my 320i was brand new in 1977 and in 1978 I moved to Houston
Surprised you fit. Did yours have a sunroof of the sport package (Recaros were a bit lower, IIRC).

John

In the late 70s I lived in Waltham and had a '73 2002. Beaconwood was a short drive from home and work, and Circle Tire (Michael Potheau's shop) wasn't far either.

Back