Why does the nose piece shape not match the bottom of the center grille?

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I've got to think that this has been addressed before but it's hard to find the right search words for this.

The bottom of the opening for the front grille in the nose sheet metal actually curves down instead of matching the upwards curve of the center grille. The top part matches fine. Any idea why did they not do the same for the bottom?

Attachments

• CSL_front.jpg
    CSL_front.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm more curious why the upper portion of the headlight grilles always look lumpy.

In my opinion I think it is a combination of optical illusion and also the trim joins are on the top above the centre two lights. As there is a join cover for the chrome surround strip, it will never quite look 100% straight.

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The bottom of the opening for the front grille in the nose sheet metal actually curves down instead of matching the upwards curve of the center grille. The top part matches fine. Any idea why did they not do the same for the bottom?

When the bumper is used, this does not show too much. So it's almost like they stopped working in that area and left an early temporary shape in there thinking nobody would care. Lo and behold, when the bumper was removed for the CSL it became far more obvious.

Attachments

• CSL_grille.jpg
    CSL_grille.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 122
  • 1973-bmw-30cs-001.jpg
    1973-bmw-30cs-001.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 105