Windscreen washer pump mount

inovermyhead

Reaction score
E7D14318-FB65-4323-ABC7-BF11F3804167.jpeg
DC2AF545-B72F-4878-A177-26219D6E9DCC.jpeg
Cant seem to work out where to mount the w/w pump, I don’t really want to drill any more holes if I can help it, but nothing seems to match up with the mounting holes/slots on the unit?

I have dremeled off the extra metal on the fitting for the tank that wasn’t correct.

Anyone got a picture, please ?

Cheers. John

Hi John,

The pump bracket snaps into little pegs that are molded into the tank bottom.

I have a different pump and tank but it is the same concept.
76626285a1a366c017d07a14b949e00e.jpg

Slight bit of swerve, I suggest you wrap the three brake/clutch feed lines in a heat reflecting sleeve. I speak from personal experience!

Ahhh, thanks Markos I see it now, spent ten minutes trying every sort of position, wondering about the lack of mounting holes.....

Thanks Simufly, do you mean the fabric covered ones? If so what would work best?

Cheers John

Great!

FYI - I have never seen a plate like that welded to the front of the bottle bracket. The part underneath looks original but the plate does not. Perhaps someone can chime in on the subject.

06318092-E857-473C-95C5-861AB7AD541F.jpeg
I bought a new pump and switched out the mounting bracket with the one from my old original pump after cleaning it and painting it black.

best get the dremel out again, remove the extra plate and your bottle will slip in, someone had mounted a different bottle there in the past, quite a neat job,

It’s been dremeled, I think the previous owner used a bottle from something else possibly a 2002?? It had the pump attached directly to the reservoir, anyway it’s gone now, just need a lick of paint on the freshly filed edges and should be good to go.

Along with new plastic tube I also got some new clips, all are identical except for one.... the one that clips to the bonnet bracket??

All done and working well, except for a lick of paint. So finally after 7 years of ownership I’ve got wash/wipe... sometimes it’s the little things that give you a sense of great accomplishment.

Thanks for your help Markos

Sharing a piccie of my washer bottle, as it's out for a rebuild

Attachments

• IMG_1631.JPG
    IMG_1631.JPG
    197.3 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_1633.JPG
    IMG_1633.JPG
    189.2 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_1634.JPG
    IMG_1634.JPG
    227.7 KB · Views: 174