Wink mirror

J.B.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience using Wink mirrors in an E3? I'm concerned with both fitment as well as removal of the sun visors.
Thanks

J.B.

jefftepper

Reaction score
I used the Wink 5 panel mirrors in a number of cars from the '60's, '70's and '80's including a 1602, Bavaria, and a 528i . I was always able to mount them so the sun visors were still mostly functional. To keep them from vibrating while driving required that the upper corners of the mirror needed to be firmly up against the windshield glass cushioned by faucet washers. I know, a little hillbilly, but you do what you need to do to keep the mirror from vibrating.

J.B.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Jeff,
Thanks for your input. Is the installation kit supplied by the manufacturer OK besides needing the faucet washers?

chope97

Reaction score
I had one in my 73 Bavaria I used the metal around the sun visor also to attach the brackets one was a little crooked but it worked. Vision was amazing

jefftepper

Reaction score
I used the Wink 5 panel mirrors in a number of cars from the '60's, '70's and '80's including a 1602, Bavaria, and a 528i . I was always able to mount them so the sun visors were still mostly functional. To keep them from vibrating while driving required that the upper corners of the mirror needed to be firmly up against the windshield glass cushioned by faucet washers. I know, a little hillbilly, but you do what you need to do to keep the mirror from vibrating.

IIRC the installation kit was pretty minimal ( Two "L" brackets and 2 straight brackets each having an elongated adjustment slot) but it worked.

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have one mounted in the fat old saloon (see pic at left) feel free to pm me if you'd like me to get some snaps of its mounting