Wiring Diagram for 1969 2800?

ricsix

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm looking to get a decent color wiring diagram for my 1969 2800. I've seen a few sources online, but the earliest I've found is for a 1971 E3 - would this be equal (or equal enough) for my 69?

Thanks,

Ric

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Your best source is the factory Blue Book diagrams, I’ve never seen a color one and they don’t have the small details included in the factory one.

ricsix

Site Donor
Reaction score
Your best source is the factory Blue Book diagrams, I’ve never seen a color one and they don’t have the small details included in the factory one.
Thanks Chris, I have a good deal of documentation and manuals that came with the car, I'll page through those to see what is most helpful.

Also, I saw from your post signature you have a 70 2800, I clicked on the link and saw some photos of the restoration - really nice work!

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I have the Blue Books that include the 2800 E3 wiring diagrams. There are unique ones for USA vs ROW. They are not in color. There are 5 pages of keys for each one. I can disassemble the book and try to get some high res pictures of them that you might be able to blow up and print at a Kinkos type service. Here are some quick views....

IMG_8841.JPG

IMG_8840.JPG

LMK if you would like some high res pics.

ricsix

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hey Dick,

Thanks! I was just looking through my stack of things that came with the car and found what you're showing me as well, this should be pretty helpful. The diagram in the shop manual is almost laughably small, but the factory service manual should do the trick.

Attachments

• IMG_0268.jpg
    IMG_0268.jpg
    545.4 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0269.jpg
    IMG_0269.jpg
    310.4 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0270.jpg
    IMG_0270.jpg
    437.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_0271.jpg
    IMG_0271.jpg
    435.1 KB · Views: 60

ricsix

Site Donor
Reaction score
I did end up ordering this, just in case it turns out to be helpful. I've used them in 02s I've owned and they've been pretty useful, maybe there isn't such a difference between the 2800 and Bavaria wiring, we shall see..