Wiring diagrams?

BuzzBomb

Reaction score
Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a '76 3.0si?
More specifically the radio. I have a pair of rear speaker wires(marked from the factory), a red wire coming from behind the fuse box, and a vio/wt and a brown wire "harness",(because they are factory wrapped together) that are all in the vicinity of the radio. Plus the antenna lead. There is a Hirschmann electric antenna that has a red and a white lead there too, but I know what those are. I thought the vio/wt would be the ign+, but there's no voltage with either key on or off. I also thought it might be a dimmer lead, but it doesn't seem to work for that either. Could the vio/wt and the brown wire harness be for something unrelated?

BuzzBomb

Reaction score
Actually I have the UK version of the Haynes manual, and I didn't even think to look for them there, since they are almost never included in the NA version of anything. Yes, they were there in their entirety. Thanks anyway. Surprising nobody had any to offer.

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
You're probably referring to the violet/white wire taped together with the brown wire as seen on the left side of the picture below. As you figured out they are for radio power. The vio/wht comes from fuse 6 and should receive power on ignition key position II, the first click.
P1020510.JPG