wiring harness

Jeff

Reaction score
I'm rewiring the harness to my 73 csi euro and notice that one wire splits and goes to the number 1 and 3 fuel injectors, and same with number 2 and 4. Number 5 and 6 injectors are supplied with their own wires. That would mean that 1 and 3, and 2 and 4 would be injecting fuel at the same time. To me that doesn't make sense, or perhaps the pistons of 1 and 3 are in a close enough phase it doesn't matter when fuel gets injected. Same with number 2 and 4. Could anyone comment and advise. Thanks. Jeff

Jeff

Reaction score
I'm rewiring the harness to my 73 csi euro and notice that one wire splits and goes to the number 1 and 3 fuel injectors, and same with number 2 and 4. Number 5 and 6 injectors are supplied with their own wires. That would mean that 1 and 3, and 2 and 4 would be injecting fuel at the same time. To me that doesn't make sense, or perhaps the pistons of 1 and 3 are in a close enough phase it doesn't matter when fuel gets injected. Same with number 2 and 4. Could anyone comment and advise. Thanks. Jeff

DJSimca

Reaction score
The D-Jet systems groups the cylinders in 2 groups:
Group 1: Cylinder 1 - 5 - 3
Group 2: Cylinder 6 - 2 - 4

The injectors for each group open simultaneously when the inlet valves are closed. As you can see below the cylinders in group 1 'get injected' at 300 degrees while group 2 receives 'a squirt' at 660 degrees.

D-jet.jpg

1. Einlassventil geöffnet: inlet valve open
2. Einspritzbeginn: Injection start
3. Zündzeitpunkt: Ignition spark

DJSimca

Reaction score
The D-Jet systems groups the cylinders in 2 groups:
Group 1: Cylinder 1 - 5 - 3
Group 2: Cylinder 6 - 2 - 4

The injectors for each group open simultaneously when the inlet valves are closed. As you can see below the cylinders in group 1 'get injected' at 300 degrees while group 2 receives 'a squirt' at 660 degrees.

D-jet.jpg

1. Einlassventil geöffnet: inlet valve open
2. Einspritzbeginn: Injection start
3. Zündzeitpunkt: Ignition spark

bill

Site Donor
Reaction score
My 75 280Z was hooked up the same way...I always thought the injectors fired individually and couldn't figure out for the longest time why I heard two distinctive clicks all the time...

bill

Site Donor
Reaction score
My 75 280Z was hooked up the same way...I always thought the injectors fired individually and couldn't figure out for the longest time why I heard two distinctive clicks all the time...