Wiring harnesses

x_atlas0

Reaction score
Anybody know where to get a set of interior and lighting harnesses? I think mine have more breaks than shattered glass.

I think your best bet is to make your own.
Make sure you get wire that's up to the job in terms of amps
As for the connectors there are several suppliers of bespoke connectors here in the UK so I suspect you can get them where you are
Malc

I agree with Malc, I am currently rewiring section by section as I work through updating various items. The repair CD has a wiring diagram on it although some of the traces are rather faint, they are all there. There also shows to be wiring available from BMW with the correct color coding, and I believe Wurth can supply the connectors, although I haven't been successfu in finding a distributor - the parts catalog is not very helpful. If you need the diagram, PM me and I will send you the pdf of it and a conversion of metric to AWG wire sizes.

Mark

Hi there,

Check out www.slash5.com for an excellent, full color, 11x17, laminated wiring diagram. Was invaluable when I did my rewire, worth ever penny! ($20??). I eventually abandoned the original system and installed a modern Painless Wiring Harness. More interested in function/simplicity than originality.

-HTH
-shanon

Shannon:

Can you post a photo of the fuse box installation - assuming you replaced the original.

Also I assume you had the interior/dash stripped out when you did this; I can't imagine how you would do it otherwise. Contortionist helper maybe?

Hi decoupe,

not sure how to post a pic in the messages (hosted by a separate website correct??), but I'd be happy to email a pic or two. PM your email and will send along. Basically since I could put it anywhere I wanted, I put it on the passenger side for easy access. my project is a dual purpose car (street/track), so it has been very simplifiedand modernized, but kept many of the original designs/aesthetics.

-shanon

Back