Wow, a new BMW 507

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
"...one of the 252 units fitted with the sought-after Rudge wheels and optional hard top..."

That hardtop is darn beautiful on there!

1656106821698.png

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
how is this possible ?
still to find these treasures
in the age of "all can be photographed and video taped", how could this pass unnoticed
colour is really odd,
flags of venezuela, and US
also those not very nice overriders, not an euro thing, depend on versions ?

....not to say this has been fabricated, but the house does not seem the type of house in which you store/own such a vehicle, motorcycles, ok, but the 507 ? alone ? it would be very interesting to know the real story behind this

bill

Site Donor
Reaction score
No way a 507, or any car, could look so good after 40+ years in that poor excuse for a garage...open to the weather, unheated, no humidity protection. We want the real story!

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Maybe it's been in that garage for 40 years but it doesn't mean it wasn't washed from time to time, covered, the garage cleaned, who knows. It kinda looks like parts of the garage have been rebuilt in the recent past with newer timber, reflective wall insulation? Hard to tell, but it could've been moved out and cleaned up at some point. Even my long term projects get cleaned every once and a while. :cool:

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
I love hardtops on open cars. This one is absolutely exquisite! I looked for one for my Healey for years. Very rare, less than 200 ever made. There are now repros, of course, but I really appreciate the finishing touch to the car. The Triumph in front in the attached photo, also has nice hardtop attached.
tempImagefccUQv.png

Last edited:

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
OK, one more. Love the Jaguar XK140 DHC. But if it has a hardtop, I mean a really nice one, well, it changes the look completely, and accentuates the classic lines. This car recently sold on BAT. One family owned, San Diego area. So owner could purchase a locally produced "Scottop" for his 140. Price for the top in late '50s was about $155. IMHO it suggests, perhaps, Talbot Lago? Or at least some other exotic.
Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 5.44.58 PM.png

Last edited: