WTB 1972 driver's wiper arm - aluminum finish

ct bmw

Reaction score
The wiper arm on my driver's side "flew off" on a busy road when my wife took my car out and was caught in a rain shower. Please help save my marriage ;)

After I find an arm then I'll look for a replacement wiper blade .... (see photo)
IMG_6035.JPG.jpeg

lsquaredb

Reaction score
I might have a satin finish one with blade holder available in about a week or two. The guy restoring my car thinks he can save my chrome wiper arm with stripped splines by brazing very fine wires in the hole. If that works, I won't need the satin one. I'll also have a pair of black arms I don't need.

ct bmw

Reaction score
That would be fantastic. My shop found a set of chrome arms (a pit pitted by the base) yet I prefer satin. If you'd like, I can send pics and/or ask my guys what they want for the arms. I have them at my house now.

CANADA CS

Reaction score
The wiper arm on my driver's side "flew off" on a busy road when my wife took my car out and was caught in a rain shower. Please help save my marriage ;)

After I find an arm then I'll look for a replacement wiper blade .... (see photo)View attachment 20479
I have an original driver side satin finish wiper arm in good condition. If interested I can dig it up and send a pic on the weekend. My passenger side arm had a weak spline so I replaced both with the later (and costly) black ones at the time still available from BMW. My 73 has black hood grills so the black wipers look good.

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Canada,

I have some interest in this arm if ct bmw doesn't take it. Please keep me in mind and send me a 'conversation' message with price and shipping to zip 19382 in the US if he doesn't buy it.

Thanks.

Gary-

CANADA CS

Reaction score
IMG_20161217_115556.jpg
IMG_20161217_124333.jpg
I have an original driver side satin finish wiper arm in good condition. If interested I can dig it up and send a pic on the weekend. My passenger side arm had a weak spline so I replaced both with the later (and costly) black ones at the time still available from BMW. My 73 has black hood grills so the black wipers look good.

Hello CT BMW

Some pics of my original driver side wiper arm. Would be happy with 100 bucks (US)
Also have a new set of satin blade assemblies which I ended up not using as i went all black. 50 bucks (US) would be OK.

IMG_20161217_115535.jpg
IMG_20161217_120150.jpg

Last edited:

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score