WTB - 2006 330ci ZHP

NewSixCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thought I'd reach out to this enthusiast community to see if anyone knew of or hears of an exceptional car w/ less than 40K miles, 6-speed, CPO preferred but not completely necessary if there's evidence of correct old school service. Serious buyer w/ cash in hand looking for an e46 coupe to keep my e9 company. Thanks.
Len
[email protected]

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Would you ever consider a salvaged car? I'm talking about buying the car wrecked and fixing it, or having it fixed. I buy salvage for a living now and see late model E92's go for around $7k-$8k. Oh, I just noticed you said E46. I forgot the coupes lag behind the sedans when changing to the new body style. I bought two '02 330ci's last week. One with front damage for $2400 and the other with rear damage for $3200. The one with rear damage was really clean and had 17 or 18" Hamann wheels on it.

Anyway, something you might consider.

Dan

NewSixCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks, Dan, but I have a project this year; my '81 911 needs a repaint, so I'm looking for a limited use daily driver in better than average condition. Rejected three so far...

Bill Riblett

(deceased)
Reaction score
They are great cars. I really like my 05.

Factory service isn't much (funny how BMW's service requirements dropped dramatically once they started 'paying' for it!).

A few cautions for driving:
Ground clearance in the front is really low - 4"?
Wheels are really easy to curb scrape.
Suspension is really stiff.

On the other hand:
6 speed has great ratios.
Alcantara/cloth interior is comfortable year-round.
Plenty of power. The regular 330 I drove felt like a completely different (lesser) car.

Attachments

• DSCN6601.jpg
    DSCN6601.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 165

NewSixCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nice ZHP, Bill. Yes, 2 of the three cars had scraping on the front spoiler and curbed rims. I'm determined to find one because I've never driven a car with such surgically precise steering. And the e46 coupe body is a masterpiece...