WTB: Accelerator pedal

jabloomf1230

Reaction score
For my 1972 3.0 CS. The black plastic loop cracked off and the pedal just rests on the spindle. The pedal still works, so there's no emergency, but I would like a pedal in perfect shape, if possible. Either a used pedal or a link to someone online selling an equivalent replacement will do.

Attachments

• BMW Accel Pedal.jpg
    BMW Accel Pedal.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 145

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
For my 1972 3.0 CS. The black plastic loop cracked off and the pedal just rests on the spindle. The pedal still works, so there's no emergency, but I would like a pedal in perfect shape, if possible. Either a used pedal or a link to someone online selling an equivalent replacement will do.

i bought it from walloth 2 years ago, anyway, this new one will have the same failure in the future, the design is poor
there is a way to repair it by yourself, if you interested i can tell you (some pics will do)

jvrenaudon

Reaction score
Accelerator pedal repair

deQuincey,

Please do tell how it's done successfully. A number of my "lash-ups" have failed over the years.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
to those interested in the repair
i need to finkd my old acc pedal in which the solution was done in order to present it with some pics and explain how it was done,
i hope this weekend i will have some time to do it
please forgive mefor this delay
regards

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
repair, you need your broken accel pedal including the broken part that is hooked in the acel rod

besides you will need a rubber ring and some straps

261220074198.jpg

a correct diameter rubber ring will be better than mine, but anyway some straps will adapt it

261220074201.jpg

261220074200.jpg

261220074199.jpg

261220074203.jpg

it provides good fixing but enough flexibility and play to accomodate acelerator pedal movement

Stefan

Reaction score
When temporarily gets permanent

I did a temporarily fix a few years back.

Drilled two holes in the pedal (metal) and drilled two smaller holes in the round rubber piece. Attached the pieces with screws. I used so called "plaster screws" with deep threads and then cut to perfect length.

After about thousands of max throttle, I still use my "temporarily fix"

Even I did not think it would hold that long. I must have been lucky so far :)

jabloomf1230

Reaction score
repair, you need your broken accel pedal including the broken part that is hooked in the acel rod

Thanks, but unfortunately (or fortunately) The circular part is still resting on the pedal, but it is now a semi circle. The bottom piece broke off at some point and I was never able to find it.

But you did give me some good ideas on how to make a temporary repair in the mean time. What was the source (walloth?) for the "new" pedals? BMW Classic has them for ~$700US!! but they must be made out of platinum.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks, but unfortunately (or fortunately) The circular part is still resting on the pedal, but it is now a semi circle. The bottom piece broke off at some point and I was never able to find it.

But you did give me some good ideas on how to make a temporary repair in the mean time. What was the source (walloth?) for the "new" pedals? BMW Classic has them for ~$700US!! but they must be made out of platinum.

walooth i recall being like 70 eur, you have added one extra zero

Stefan

Reaction score

BMW Classic has them for ~$700US!! ??? No, can't be!!

I remember the price from the local BMW dealer was around a LOT less. Since I had hundreds of other more priority items in need at the time, I did the "temporarily" with the pedal.