WIPER ARM LEFT WITH AIR BAFFLE PLATE (BLACK) Part #61 61 1 357 637

Sorry I didn't provide the correct number earlier,
John

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks John,
This has been very confusing?
Since BMW seldom updates the info for parts it's hard to know what is correct?
I have an order in now for what I hope is the correct part.

Gary

Hi Gary,
I dug one of mine out of my parts stash to verify the number:

WIPER ARM LEFT WITH AIR BAFFLE PLATE (BLACK) Part #61 61 1 357 637

Sorry I didn't provide the correct number earlier,
John

John S

Reaction score
I see that the part number for the right hand side wiper arm without the air baffle has been superseded

WIPER ARM RIGHT (BLACK) Part #61 61 1 357 638

Part #61 61 1 357 638 superseded to Part #61 61 1 357 637. That explains why I received two left side arms when I ordered one of each side.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Here's what I found about the wiper arms.

The 61611357637 will get you a push on arm with the air foil.
There are no arms without foils that push on. Not that I or the parts guys could find.

61611365975 will get you a bolt on arm with out the foil. Correct length.

Now if you really have to have an arm without foil the rivets on the back could be drilled or ground off and remove the foil. Probably not finished under the foil so you would have to paint or powder coat the arm, maybe both arms to have a matched set. You would have two small holes in the arm but those could be filled as well.

HTH-
Gary

John Buchtenkirch

Reaction score
Here's what I found about the wiper arms.

The 61611357637 will get you a push on arm with the air foil.
There are no arms without foils that push on. Not that I or the parts guys could find.

61611365975 will get you a bolt on arm with out the foil. Correct length.

Now if you really have to have an arm without foil the rivets on the back could be drilled or ground off and remove the foil. Probably not finished under the foil so you would have to paint or powder coat the arm, maybe both arms to have a matched set. You would have two small holes in the arm but those could be filled as well.

HTH-
Gary

Exactly what I came up with 2 years ago. If you go to my link in post #17 you can read about how I converted an airfoil wiper arm with parts from a used right side wiper arm. Take into consideration that the angle of the 2 arms is different and the way I did it I ended up with a correct right wiper arm, not just the airfoil removed.

The pivot points on my arms were worn which I initially figured was the reason why my wipers landed too high, however the problem was the crank on the wiper motor was stopping in the wrong position….. I also covered how to correct that problem. ~ John Buchtenkirch

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks John for posting that info and the link.

Exactly what I came up with 2 years ago. If you go to my link in post #17 you can read about how I converted an airfoil wiper arm with parts from a used right side wiper arm. Take into consideration that the angle of the 2 arms is different and the way I did it I ended up with a correct right wiper arm, not just the airfoil removed.

The pivot points on my arms were worn which I initially figured was the reason why my wipers landed too high, however the problem was the crank on the wiper motor was stopping in the wrong position….. I also covered how to correct that problem. ~ John Buchtenkirch

John Buchtenkirch

Reaction score
Alan may be right in post #19, those wiper spindles / pivots may be worth keeping. I had my wipers on & off too many times when I was trying to get them to land correctly and next thing one of the splined barrels became loose on it’s spindle. I pinned it but at some later date I’d like to change over to the later (and I think more reliable) bolt on type. I think I remember reading the E12 type will work ???

At least my wipers land correctly now. My coupe sure looked goofy when I first bought it, the wipers landed about 1/3 the way up on the windshield. I also put slightly longer blades than called for on my coupe ~ John Buchtenkirch
!!!!!!!!FP4.jpg

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
John,
For those of us not lucky enough to own the correct right side arm, is there any way you could post a picture showing the difference in shape or angle between the two arms?

Would be greatly appreciated and I'm sure help some folks.

Thanks,
Gary

John Buchtenkirch

Reaction score
John,
For those of us not lucky enough to own the correct right side arm, is there any way you could post a picture showing the difference in shape or angle between the two arms?

Would be greatly appreciated and I'm sure help some folks.

Thanks,
Gary

Already posted !!!! Go to my link, and then go to my first or post #1. The middle photo has the incorrect angle black, part removed and on the bottom is the new black hinged base with the plated part installed from an original right side wiper arm. The difference between the angles is apparent but not a lot. After I peened the rivet I aluminum oxide blasted the entire arm and sprayed it with Krylon high heat satin black.

Someone in the group must have a right side wiper arm with shot pivots they’d sell you reasonable ??? ~ John Buchtenkirch