WTB camber plates

HonaloochieBoogie

Reaction score
I bought the lowering kit from La Jolla independent and had it installed on my 72 CSi which resulted in excess tire wear on the inside tread. My mechanic is recommending camber plates but his normal supply sources are all saying they don’t have them in stock. Any suggestions?

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Back in 2016 VSR installed fixed camber plates. After our 9600 mile cross country drive to Monterey & National Parks Tour back home. My passenger front tire was nearly bald on outside. VSR ordered K-Macs which corrected the negative camber evenly to -1° on both sides.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Back in 2016 VSR installed fixed camber plates. After our 9600 mile cross country drive to Monterey & National Parks Tour back home. My passenger front tire was nearly bald on outside. VSR ordered K-Macs which corrected the negative camber evenly to -1° on both sides.

Are those complete upper strut mounts? Do they alter the cushioning of stock rubber?

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Are those complete upper strut mounts? Do they alter the cushioning of stock rubber?

Yes, fully adjustable upper strut mounts, they only correct negative camber differences for left & right to equalize to -1° which is optimal for driving our lowered Coupes. Compliance is based on strut selection, spring rate, spring perch rubber, tire sidewall & inflation pressure.

Upper strut mounts do not cushion anything & should not be compliant in any way shape or form. If one has truly original or severely cracked rubber, replace them as soon as possible, when they fail it's catastrophic as the top of the strut will punch the bottom of the hood & dimple it.

I've only known rear strut mount failures both @Stevehose, who has written a detailed repair & Doug Dolan.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have the negative camber fixed strut mount adapters I have yet to install, but will probably go with the ones you mention as that appears to be a superior option. On my Subaru , the rubber in the upper strut mount plays a big role in NVH as I mistakenly put stiffer group N upper strut mounts front and rear when I set my car up many miles ago and have been listening to the crashing noise over bumps ever since.