WTB camshafts

Lenoxx

Site Donor
Reaction score
Anyone have in/ex camshafts for a 72 carbureted M30 they want to sell?

Lenoxx

Site Donor
Reaction score
The virus eats your brain. But I assume that means you don't have 'A' camshaft for me. It's obviously ONE camshaft. Thanks for pointing that out don

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
3 cams and 7 cams are always available.
I don’t usually sell my K cams
M cams and Paul Burke copy cams you can’t give away.
FE813A2F-FD3C-405D-B341-CAFD480D2578.jpeg

Attachments

• 551C2C71-FB87-4FFA-998A-E3FBAAC8334D.jpeg
    551C2C71-FB87-4FFA-998A-E3FBAAC8334D.jpeg
    86.5 KB · Views: 97

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
The virus eats your brain. But I assume that means you don't have 'A' camshaft for me. It's obviously ONE camshaft. Thanks for pointing that out don

I think he means that the m30 is SOHC. You mention intake/exhaust camshafts so it sounds like you thought otherwise. That would be the 24v M88/S38, not the 12v M30 The good news is that you are about to save yourself $700 :D

Lenoxx

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think he means that the m30 is SOHC. You mention intake/exhaust camshafts so it sounds like you thought otherwise. That would be the 24v M88/S38, not the 12v M30 The good news is that you are about to save yourself $700 :D
Yeah, it's a stock sohc engine. Too many projects, too many cars and to many Coronas. Simply misstated and hardly worth the commentary, but for a polite correction perhaps. In any event, my cam is worn and I'm not ready to start with rebuilding the engine yet, so I figured I'd just replace the cam for now.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
There's a backstory here. Not worth the words to type it.
The guy, PB is still alive Don.
Friend talked to him last week.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Paul is an old friend- copied cams are bad mojo just like copied mark d’silva chips

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Paul is an old friend- copied cams are bad mojo just like copied mark d’silva chips
Is someone copying his cams?
I don't know?
Mine came from him direct and seems to be ok.
Motor is quick but not on the dyno yet. Will be soon.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
When Paul shut down a few years ago, copied cams came out of the woodwork.
Reground cams from K cams. Nothing but trouble.

Lenoxx

Site Donor
Reaction score
Please take no offense. Regardless of what you already know, someone may have learned something new.
"Take one for the team..." is totally offensive, but, Ill assume it's use was simply internet/forum rudeness. People tend to be more polite to me in person. As for the cam I CNC'd it and it's good for now.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
"Take one for the team..." is totally offensive, but, Ill assume it's use was simply internet/forum rudeness. People tend to be more polite to me in person. As for the cam I CNC'd it and it's good for now.

Really? You said “in/ex camshafts for a 72 carbureted M30” and @sfdon asked for clarification. Taking one for the team implies that he will take the brunt of a defensive response in lieu of everyone else keeping their head scratching thoughts to themselves. Apparently the team comment was warranted because after 6 months you are still offended and didn’t take it in stride. If that statement was your idea of a rude internet comment you have come to the right place. Don’t stray too far.

take one for the team

(idiomatic, informal) To accept some chore, hardship or punishment for the sake of one's friends or colleagues.