WTB CSL headliner fabric

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Anybody know of any?
Anyone know a company that can emboss black vinyl fabric with the pattern (I can supply the pattern, since I have fragments of an original headliner.

Thx
Scott

Anybody know of any?
Anyone know a company that can emboss black vinyl fabric with the pattern (I can supply the pattern, since I have fragments of an original headliner.

Thx
Scott

Hi Scott
Can a head liner for a CSL be purchased or do to have to have one made by an upholstery shop?

Barry

Black headliner

My understanding is the Black CSL headliner is NLA.

I would love to hear otherwise if anybody knows of some availability.

Nash

Hi Scott
Can a head liner for a CSL be purchased or do to have to have one made by an upholstery shop?

Barry

It is not the cut of the headliner that is the issue, it is that the actual vinyl fabric differs from the regular CS headliner in both pattern and color (it is black). No one is currently reproducing it and all old stock is gone worldwide as far as I know.

Last edited:
I would be happy to pay to have one made if you know of a shop that makes them and also a place that can do a small run of the embossed vinyl.

Scott
Scott,

i know a guy who is in the vinyl business ... no idea of how small of a run can be done. i will inquire.

scott

I would be happy to pay to have one made if you know of a shop that makes them and also a place that can do a small run of the embossed vinyl.

Scott

Drop Carl Bennett a line....parts manager extraordinaire at:

Korman Autoworks
2629 Randleman Rd.
Greensboro, NC 27406

(336) 275-1494 Ext #18

[email protected]

Also Carl Nelson at:

La Jolla Independent BMW, Inc.
5535 La Jolla Blvd.
La Jolla, CA 92037

Local* * ** 858.488.1555
Toll Free* 800.466.8184
Fax* * * ** 858.488.0972
Email* * [email protected]

Last edited:
my guy is looking into it. as soon as i hear back from him, i will post it. he's a car guy, so he understands.

I had already called LJI, but I had not thought of Korman. Thanks for the suggestion. Still mightbe worth manufacturing, because I think I could sell enough for ten cars to various owners and shops, judging from my conversations with people.
Scott

Drop Carl Bennett a line....parts manager extraordinaire

at:

Korman Autoworks
2629 Randleman Rd.
Greensboro, NC 27406

(336) 275-1494 Ext #18

[email protected]

Also Carl Nelson at:

La Jolla Independent BMW, Inc.
5535 La Jolla Blvd.
La Jolla, CA 92037

Local* * ** 858.488.1555
Toll Free* 800.466.8184
Fax* * * ** 858.488.0972
Email* * [email protected]

Scott,

i would probably buy one - i have a black car - would look great with a black headliner.

okay guys - does anybody have a piece of this headliner that they can send me? i have only seen the csl headliner once in recent history ... and i didn't look at it closely except to see that it was black on the car that i looked at. i can send the piece of headliner back to whoever sends it to me.

thanks
scott

I have it! Will contact you via pm to get your address, etc. Thanks you, thank you,
Scott

okay guys - does anybody have a piece of this headliner that they can send me? i have only seen the csl headliner once in recent history ... and i didn't look at it closely except to see that it was black on the car that i looked at. i can send the piece of headliner back to whoever sends it to me.

thanks
scott

Very nice project !

I would buy a headliner (or the fabric for a headliner) for one car.
Maybe even for two.

a thought

A friend went from the stock white to the black, he said the cab felt much smaller & lower compared to original white. Had to agree with him after climbing in.

He went back to the white pretty quickly.....

I have it! Will contact you via pm to get your address, etc. Thanks you, thank you,
Scott
Scott,

bad news, my source came back to me today and said that their mills cannot reproduce this vinyl. not sure why ... will ask a follow up conversation.

scott

Bummer, will look elsewhere. I think some of the 2000CS coupes have similar material, just in white. Maybe I will try to get some of that used, dye it, and piece it together with what I have already.
Thx for trying,
Scott

not sure how well you will be able to surface dye vinyl. its probably more of a vinyl paint process.

Black Headliner fabric

Hi;
Look on Yahoo! Use the heading " Black perforated headliner material in vinyl"
Lots of images will appear.
If you can't find it and decide to dye the vinyl all you need to do is get black lacquer spray paint in a quto parts store and use very light coats and it should come out great.

Good Luck!
Koopman

Back