WTB-Door Skins

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
Does anyone have any availble passenger and/or driver side door skins? After patching the same inherent rust locations for almost 30 years, I'd like to apply new skins instead.

Doug

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
You can get new ones from W&N (at least as of about 3 yrs ago). They were not that expensive either. Unfortunately, they will take some expert metal working to refit and make the panel gaps at the front and rear of the door the correct dimension.

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
Decided not to use door skins because the body shop had a pair of new BMW factory doors tucked away in storage up in the loft. Pricey but they fit perfect.

Just rolled out of the paint booth this morning to bake in the Florida sun!

new door d.jpg

new door p.jpg

tmason

Reaction score
Beautiful! What are the chances of a Body Shop having a new set of e9 doors in the attic! What other e9 parts did this shop collect?

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes, I registered it back in 2011 and lurked on the Forum for years just taking solace that others were afflicted with the same passion for their coupes.

Since its my daily driver, every 10 years I have to reward it with some TLC.

For this go around I wanted to try and sort out some of the things I've been putting off so with help of some members (misc trim pieces from Bez, tools from Bert, and a restored boot bin from Chris) I will be close save a few NLA items.

The collective knowledge base of this Forum is amazing.

......and as far as I know there are are no ther hidden gems in the storage loft.

Doug