WTB: Drivers side top door pull

thedazeofrain

Reaction score
I’m not sure of the technical name, but the drivers side top door pull item finally broke as I was replacing the drivers side door brake/stop. Photos of what I need.

Attachments

• IMG_6502.jpeg
    IMG_6502.jpeg
    260.3 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_6505.jpeg
    IMG_6505.jpeg
    421.9 KB · Views: 82
Sorry, I do not have that part.
But when you do find it, consider placing a self made metal bracket to transmit the forces from the screw visible to the screwbthat holds everything to the door.

I believe they are also sold in the US.

Coupe King sells a support bracket that helps prevent this problem. https://shop.coupeking.com/products/armrest-support-brackets

It also helps if you get in the habit of closing the door with a hand through the armrest further back, grabbing both the armrest and the door opening handle.
Thank you for the link! I appreciate that very much.

I’ve always closed the door with my hand through the armrest further back. When I removed the armrest initially, the screw on top also held onto the plastic and broke it all. It’s just old and brittle. It’s like the plastic was fused to the metal washer.

Bump! I need another. The one I bought, wasn’t the correct one even though the seller said it was for an e9. So, the hunt continues.

who did you buy from?
A guy on eBay. He was 99% sure it was for an e9, but it was noticeably smaller than mine (looks like it’s for a 2002). He gave me a full refund and told me to keep the old part and door handle.

Thank you for the link! I appreciate that very much.

I’ve always closed the door with my hand through the armrest further back. When I removed the armrest initially, the screw on top also held onto the plastic and broke it all. It’s just old and brittle. It’s like the plastic was fused to the metal washer.
I tried to make one but ended up purchaing from CSI, was worth just paying for it

I just received 3 small ones

Attachments

• IMG_6740.jpeg
    IMG_6740.jpeg
    238.8 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_6739.jpeg
    IMG_6739.jpeg
    307.9 KB · Views: 49
I have a new, unused, set--they look to match the E9 Door Pulls from my E9 which are currently off the car. Not sure if the color is correct for your interior but if interested, Message me. Thanks.

BMW Arm Rest 1.jpg
BMW Arm Rest 2.jpg
BMW Arm Rest 3.jpg
BMW Arm Rest 4.jpg

I never heard from Dazeofrain so I will assume he found what he was looking for. I will be sending the set to Don today. Thanks.

There is also this guy in France that has them in various colors

Note that they are 3D prints, so someone whould need to check and test them.
Some materials are not durable enough for high temperatures and UV.
But it is always good to have any option.

Oh dang it! I’ve been OOO traveling for work. @Beam318ti thank you, it was my fault for not looking online. @sfdon, if you are able to off load one, I am a buyer. If so, please send me a message.

@merdad, thank you. I will look into that as well.

Back