WTB: E3 gearshift rubber boot

E3_kiwi

Reaction score
The PO of my 3.0Si has replaced the original boot with a leather gaiter.
If anyone can sell me an original rubber boot in good condition, I'd be interested to hear from you.
Cheers.

Attachments

• E3 gearshift pic.jpg
    E3 gearshift pic.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 96

naccer

Reaction score
My 3.0Si has leather rather than the boot as well. Perhaps that's how they came from the factory? My bavaria has the rubber deal.

E3_kiwi

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys..........so it could be that my leather boot is factory after all?
This would be at variance with the Parts Catalogue, but maybe there's another document pertaining to the shift lever boot spec, like a Service Letter or something.
I might ask BMW Classic if they can clarify this.

Simufly

Reaction score
Gear shift.

Thanks for the input guys..........so it could be that my leather boot is factory after all?
This would be at variance with the Parts Catalogue, but maybe there's another document pertaining to the shift lever boot spec, like a Service Letter or something.
I might ask BMW Classic if they can clarify this.

I suggest that all manual e3 came with the rubber boot. Any leather version is probably non OE aftermarket. I have BMW brochures of both Euro and US spec cars right up until the end of production. Non show anything other than a standard rubber gaiter.

E3_kiwi

Reaction score
I suggest that all manual e3 came with the rubber boot. Any leather version is probably non OE aftermarket. I have BMW brochures of both Euro and US spec cars right up until the end of production. Non show anything other than a standard rubber gaiter.

That was my original assumption also.
3.0S certainly had the rubber boot, according to this brochure page from the period.

Attachments

• 3.0S brochure pack_3 reduced.jpg
    3.0S brochure pack_3 reduced.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 81

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

You're probably right, I looked in the e3 parts books and my US owner's manual, all show the rubber boot. US brochures still used Euro photos even down to the velour interior. Perhaps Hoffman ordered them for US 2800s or it was available as an accessory from the dealer, don't know

Maybe Lorenzo or Marc can find one in their BMW automobilia collections!