Wtb e9

Ski coach

Deceased
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Looking for a pristine coupe. Prefer Euro bumpers, no sun-roof, upgraded drivetrain, suspension, leather interior. Any help, suggestions, or leads greatly appreciated.
Chris

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Chris,

where are you located ... makes a minor difference. but depending on where you are it determines your availability to go see a car. i am presuming that you are in north america.

are you looking for an immaculate restoration or an extremely nice driver or what?

next question - budget range. there are some expensive (seemingly) pristine coupes at hunting ridge motors and schmitt. there is a pretty blue coupe in colorado (less money - perhaps not concours pristine)

there are always restorations from coupeking or lajolla

Ski coach

Deceased
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi Rs,
I am in Durham, NH. I prefer to deal with a private party as I've had less than honest dealings with the "best" of dealers. I have considered the cars you've mentioned and have reasons for each to discount my time.
I would rather have a properly restored car unless an original is found that is void of rust, I've yet to see one.
I have no specific limit on price, so the when the right car presents itself, I will try to make it work.
I would prefer a darker color car with contrasting leather interior.
Thanks

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Chris,

fully understand about dealers. have you spoken to Mario at VSR about what he knows about. if you were going to have a coupe restored or looked at in your area, that's who i would go to. i know he doesn't have any listed on his site, but he knows a lot of people and what they are thinking about doing.

we will help keep an eye open for opportunities

Ski coach

Deceased
Site Donor $
Reaction score
RS,
I just spent the morning with Mario yesterday. I will certainly rely on his help with this process. I've learned that the joy of ownership is as much about the knowledge we gain and the people we meet along the way.
Again, thanks,
Chris
PS: where are you?

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Chris,

if you look in the upper right corner of the post, you can see where people are located - if they have filled it out in their profile. i am in the atlanta, ga area. you have some great coupers in your area that you need to get to know ... stan chamallas for one (i've had burgers + beers with him - super guy), then there's the guys i have spoken to or read about - John Feng, Duane Sword, Tod, Andrew ... and i know i'm forgetting some of the others. but you will have a great support crew.

cheers
scott

TodB

Reaction score
car available

Ron Perry has one available that seems like a good one at a good price though its on the left coast. Not sure why its not posted here.

No doubt Mario showed you the coupes in his shop and what to look for and what to avoid.

I'm about 80 miles south of you. Lived in Newmarket for a year (too) many years ago.

Good luck with your search.

Ski coach

Deceased
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks Tod. I saw Ron's car and it just doesn't appeal to me. I have suffered the consequences of automotive impatience and have learned the hunt is half the enjoyment.
Chris