WTB E9

GBE9

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am new to the site however have loved the E9 forever. Currently and have been searching for an E9. I Prefer one I can enjoy for a season before having it fully restored(if needed) Budget is $1-40k depending on condition and work needed/missing parts etc. thanks!

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Is that Green Bay, Wisconsin? If so, it is great to have another local member in the area.

GBE9

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Yea, Green Bay WI is correct. Are you from here as well? I haven’t seen an E9 cruising around at all, only a few 2002 and E30s. I ve been creeping the forums as a guest but finally decided to join since everyone seems sincere and very helpful.

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am usually in Milwaukee - but my car is in Baraboo currently. And you would not see it driving around unless you lived within a few hundred yards of the garage (at least not over the past couple of years). But eventually...

GBE9

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Baraboo is nice country, my brothers both live in Tosa and work in Milwaukee. It’s good to know there are fellows enthusiasts nearby, Cheers to that !

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am new to the site however have loved the E9 forever. Currently and have been searching for an E9. I Prefer one I can enjoy for a season before having it fully restored(if needed) Budget is $1-40k depending on condition and work needed/missing parts etc. thanks!

Welcome! Back to car stuff ;) Here is my opinion:

I have a quick question on your budget. Is your all-in budget $40K, or is that the budget for the starter vehicle. If it is your all-in, I would like for the nicest $40K coupe you could find with nice paint and a comfortable interior - then skip the restoration. If the $40K is for the starter car, I would look for the nicest body possible in the $25K+ range. I wouldn't look at anything publicly listed under $25K, unless it is a forum member's car. Not that there really are any public listings under $25K anyway. :D

GBE9

Site Donor $
Reaction score
LoL yes, back to car stuff. Well I am experienced enough in car stuff to know that the starting budget is never ALL IN. However to answer your question I d like to find a car from Free - 40K, enjoy it as is for a little while then get to restoring it and worrying about the $ when that day comes. Im not opposed to an immediate project, but would rather have something i can move in and out of the garage on its own power without much work. I know its not the biggest budget but its a realistic starter budget. Dont get me wrong im not going to over pay either :D.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think that $40K is a realistic budget for a car that you can tune and repair without tearing the fenders off. There have been some nice cars that sold in the high 30’s over the last six months.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score

GBE9

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Belated Happy New Year everyone! Had some baby health scares and personal health scares this past month and half but still very interested in an E9. I lost touch with a few i was planning on coming to see and possibly purchase, so if you re still interested in selling please let me know. Any new potential new sellers interested in shooting me info on their car, please fee free to do so. Just a note, with the new health limitations (issue with hands, feet and joints), I will be limited to doing mechanical work that requires much dexterity. Which basically is most things. I would now be more interested in a decent dry, drivable E9. Minor rust and issues arent a big deal depending on price. Budget is up to 40k. Thanks, and apologies to anyone i lost touch with.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Welcome back.

Seems like you missed out on the Arizona one recently on CL.

Keep looking! You should be able to find a good #4 car for under $40k.

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hey I’m in milwaukee as well and I know of a white one that is not for sale but maybe the owner might be interested in having a conversation. Send me a PM w/ your email and I’ll connect you two. Very original car on its second owner and the first was also in WI, somewhere up north.
Luis