WTB Font seat gear mechanism

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
Does anyone have a mushroom shaped gear head with the female shaft end to recieve the cable for adjusting the angle of the front seats?

One of my seat backs has always had a little off set to the angle and I just realized that the cable has never really been attached to drive shaft side of the seat.

Doug

seat gear 1.jpg

seat gear 1A.jpg

seat gear 2.jpg

seat gear 2A.jpg

PaulinPa

Reaction score
Doug, Are one of these what you are looking for?

Attachments

• gear with knob.jpg
    gear with knob.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 120
  • gear.jpg
    gear.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 105

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
It would only be the image on the right (without the plastic knob) but the groove location for the retaining clip looks different than on mine. My seats have a flexible cable connecting the 2 sides to eachother but I think I have seen some that have a fixed rod instead. Does the end of the shaft on yours have a female connection to accept the square end of the cable shown my pics?

Maybe there is also an extension piece that connects the 2 pieces together? I will fully remove the one I have from my passenger seat and take a picture for comparison.

Thanks,

Doug

PaulinPa

Reaction score
The hole looks like the inside of a 12 point socket and I am pretty sure that a flexible cable came out of it.If you are not in a hurry I can check out the cable fit this weekend.

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
Below is a pic of the gear from my other seat. It looks little longer (about 3") and the groove location for the retaining clip is about 1" from the end.

Doug

gear.jpg