WTB: Front and rear Euro bumpers for bumper conversion

phead82

Reaction score
Hi,

I am currently doing some rust remediation work on my '74 coupe (rockers and lower quarter panels on both sides, front and back + driver side floor pan + possibly some more spots if we happen to find more... which is not unlikely).

While I'm at it (I guess "while I'm at it" already started many full on restorations...) I thought I'd take the chance to eliminate the side markers as well as to swap the horrible diving boards with the much nicer euro bumpers.

I already got in touch with Pamp - extremely nice and helpful guy! - who is sending me his self crafted conversion brackets.

The only trouble is: I don't have any bumpers yet!

So I am looking for both bumper assemblies, front and rear, in ok and usable condition. They don't have to be new - I am not afraid of rechroming them, but rust(holes) might be an issue?

Any help and info is much appreciated!

Thanks!

-Patrick

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Front euro bumper

Pat,
I have a new stainless front bumper that I don't need and would sell relatively cheaply. It includes the overriders but not the long rubber rub strips or mounting hardware (like the long bolt and trapezoidal metal spacer that holds the overriders to the bumper mounts).

It was patterned after a set of 1973 bumpers provided by Ron Perry. If you are interested, give Ron a call as he can give you details regarding the pattern, firment, and quality of he stainless bumper. I did a separate post about it where I mention I couldn't use the front because the end fittings were not compatible with 72 and earlier fender holes. Otherwise these would be on my car rather than for sale.

John

phead82

Reaction score
Thanks for the offer, John, but it seems like I might have found another front bumper already. Used, nice yet inexpensive - I will need to see it in person but as far as I can tell by the pictures I might not even need to rechrome it.
I also reached out to Dan K (thanks, bwalvoord!) but financially his bumpers seem a little out of reach for me.

So - if the deal for the front bumper goes through the only thing I am still on the hunt for then will be the rear bumper.

I really appreciate all your help, guys!

Greetings from the west
Patrick