WTB - fuel system reservoir plastic tank

coupeguy

Site Donor
Reaction score
NEVER MIND, FOUND MINE.

I need the plastic reservoir that mounts inside the trunk on the side of the right wheel well that has lines from the fuel filler neck thru this plastic tank and up to the charcoal canister mounted under the battery tray in the engine bay. I think most of them get tossed but I have someone who needs one for his coupe. If you can help let me know at [email protected]. Any leads appreciated, just as it was for the power steering box. Still looking for one of those priced within reason.

Last edited:

Wiscosh

Reaction score
Whalem6 responded to this thread, he may have a couple laying around. They are also used on E3's and E12 530's. I picked up one out of a Bavaria at a boneyard in Oceanside for $6 last week. Mine cracked and was causing a gas smell.

http://e9coupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6812
What do they do, and are they really needed? I read the explanation in the blue books but still don't know if I need mine. It will be in the way if I want to install a power antenna.

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
c-jpg.22840
ITS ONLY FOR SMOG
ITS THE GAS VAPOR LINE BACK TO THE TANK AND FOR GAS GASES EXPANSION
its really not in the way
but its not needed.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Run a silicone vacuum hose from the filler neck down to one of the holes by the gas tank perimeter and out the bottom of the car. Then do what you wish with the plastic tank.

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
The tank in my car is cracked and the trunk smells like gas. I'm not just going to replace the tank as I feel it's not really sufficient to control the gas vapors. I'm going to make and install a carbon canister system to absorb the vapors.
I'll run a hose up to the carb to burn off the fumes. It will function the same as the ones in new cars. I'd rather not simply vent the gas vapor outside the car as they would still smell up the garage. It's more effort but it's worth it to me.

Ian

Last edited:

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
No garage smell for me, probably because there is no accumulation, the actual venting is very small over time.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The tank in my car is cracked and the trunk smells like gas. I'm not just going to replace the tank as I feel it's not really sufficient to control the gas vapors. I'm going to make and install a carbon canister system to absorb the vapors.
I'll run a hose up to the carb to burn off the fumes. It will function the same as the ones in new cars. I'd rather not simply vent the gas vapor outside the car as they would still smell up the garage. It's more effort but it's worth it to me.

Ian

And our planet thanks you!